Featured Boone Properties
High up in the Blue Ridge Mountains, the town of Boone is one of the most visually appealing areas in North Carolina. With its mountain scenery and friendly locals, Boone is a great place to make your home as you explore western North Carolina. The main street in the town is King Street, a long strip full of boutique shopping and fine-dining options.
While you're in Boone, check out some of these main attractions:
- Blue Ridge Parkway: This national parkway runs for almost 500 miles along the Blue Ridge Mountains and the beautiful scenery makes for a great afternoon drive.
- Daniel Boone Native Gardens: Open from May to October, these gardens host a collection of plants and flowers that are native to North Carolina.
- Howard's Knob: With an elevation of over 4,000 feet, this mountain provides great views of the town of Boone.
- Tweetsie Railroad: This railroad oriented theme park has amusement rides and the chance to ride on an authentic steam locomotive.
- Eli Knob State Park: Located just outside of Boone, this park has over 1,800 acres for recreational use and is open throughout the year.
Boone has a surprisingly large number of events throughout the year for such a small town, making the area full of people and activity no matter when you visit. Named after the famous pioneer and explorer Daniel Boone who regularly camped in the area, the town puts on a performance about his life every year at its outdoor amphitheater. Some other noteworthy events include Sugarfest at Sugar Mountain, the Boone Christmas Parade, and the Appalachian Summer Festival.
Whether you're looking to explore the great outdoors or just relax and unwind, there's a vacation rental in Boone that's right for you. In addition to luxury condos or apartment rentals by the main drag of town and, it's also possible to rent a spacious cabin with the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains right out your window.