- Recoleta View all rentals (377)
- Palermo Soho View all rentals (205)
- Downtown View all rentals (151)
- Puerto Madero View all rentals (133)
- San Telmo View all rentals (132)
- Palermo Hollywood View all rentals (129)
- Belgrano View all rentals (91)
- Las Canitas View all rentals (25)
- Retiro View all rentals (24)
- Centro View all rentals (21)
- Congreso View all rentals (23)
- Palermo Chico View all rentals (9)
Rentals Near Buenos Aires Attractions
Featured Buenos Aires Properties
About Buenos Aires
The undeniably urban capital of Argentina, Buenos Aires is a lively and romantic city. Buenos Aires is well known for its majestic architecture, constructed in an incredible range of styles. In addition to the Spanish colonial architecture, the city is filled with spectacular 20th century Beaux Arts buildings, Baroque churches, and unique modern structures. When you arrive in Argentina, book a guided tour to get an introduction to the city's history and character. Though more affordable than other cities of its caliber, Buenos Aires is highly sophisticated and cosmopolitan. For a day on the town, there are tons of designer boutiques, galleries, casual bistros, and gourmet restaurants in the city's central neighborhoods. Shopping is a major pastime for both locals and tourists, as Buenos Aires is home to some of Latin America's most famous designers and artists.
When it comes to food, Argentina is famous for its delicious cuts of beef, with cattle raised extensively on the great plains of The Pampas. The city of Buenos Aires offers plenty of opportunities for those who'd like to sample traditional Argentinean food, though you'll also find a range of restaurants from different cultures and ethnic traditions.
The spring season, from September to November, is an excellent time to plan your trip, when the weather is mild and there are many festivals and events in Buenos Aires. If you want to get a feel for local culture, consider attending one of Argentina's famous soccer matches or spend a night getting to know the tango clubs that litter the city center.
When visiting Buenos Aires, check out the following sights:
- Casa Rosada: Argentina's famous pink Presidential Palace adjoins the pretty Plaza de Mayo.
- Museo Evita: This small but interesting museum chronicles the life of Eva Peron, Argentina's famous first lady from the 1940s.
- Metropolitan Cathedral: Buenos Aires's unusual cathedral is a mix of architectural styles, from its distinct neo-classical facade to the neo-Baroque altarpieces inside.
- Museo de Arte Latinoamericano de Buenos Aires: Housed in a wonderful, modern building, this influential museum contains a fine collection of 19th and 20th century Latin American art.
- Plaza Dorrego: This is the oldest public square in town, located in the historic San Telmo neighborhood.
- Parque Tres de Febrero: This large and beautiful urban park contains several well-tended gardens, a planetarium, and a museum.
There are many fabulous vacation rentals available in Buenos Aires. For something fun, consider an apartment or condo in the Palermo neighborhood near the city center. For those who would prefer a posh villa or luxury home, consider booking something in the upscale Recoleta neighborhood.