Featured Camden Properties
Known for its charming New England atmosphere, beautiful northern topography, and great Maine lobster, Camden is a summer vacation favorite. Step outside your vacation home's back door and walk along the rugged coastline, where you'll find breathtaking ocean views as well as glimpses of classic northern lighthouses and cottages. With plenty of space inside your vacation rental for storage, bring your bike or rent one while visiting. Ride along St. George River, which runs through Camden; the river winds its way through farmlands and woods, and offers the perfect opportunity to rest and throw out your line for fresh water trout. The area is also a great place to explore the rugged New England Coast from a canoe or kayak.
Here are some additional suggestions of things to do in the area:
- Spend a day on a Schooner Olad Windjammer Cruise: Join a group tour on this famous boat that sails through Penobscot Bay and along its rocky shoreline.
- Experience the Maine Lobster Festival: Held each summer in Rockport, ME, just two miles from Camden, this festival hosts a number of unique events, including live entertainment, a big parade, and a road and crate race. Be sure to see the "Giant Lobster," the festival's 18-foot, 700-pound fiberglass lobster.
- Explore the High Street Historic District: Wander the quaint historic streets of downtown Camden. Shop for antiques, enjoy a cup of coffee at a local cafe, and see the work of local artists and artisans.
- Camden Hills State Park: Pack a picnic lunch and see breathtaking views of the harbor and surrounding hills from the highest points of pet-friendly Camden Hills State park.
- Visit the Camden Aquarium: Bring children here for an afternoon of fun and a chance for close encounters with rare species of New England marine life.
- Play a round of golf: Experience challenging links in a beautiful setting. Champion caliber Camden golf courses are some of the best designed courses in the state.
A stay in a summer rental, like an elegant ocean villa, can be the perfect way to experience family reunions, relaxing getaways or beautiful Camden wedding venues. Find a trendy condo just a few steps from the New England coastline, or host your family and friends in a luxury vacation rental in the heart of the harbor village. While you're planning your trip to Camden, also consider exploring some other popular Maine vacation destinations like Greenville, nestled in the Maine highlands and just a short drive away.