Featured Cape May Properties
1 / 20
Cape May condo
2 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 7
Cape May condo
- Min stay varies
About Cape May
The vibe around Cape May is romantic and quaintly Victorian, a holdover from a bygone era before amusement parks and boardwalk arcades. Here you can find some of the cleanest and most beautiful beaches in the state. The streets in Cape May are lined with relaxed verandas, laid back boutiques, and unpretentiously delicious seafood restaurants. The coast is the home of several preserved migratory bird refuges and a distinguished old lighthouse open to visitors. Climb to the top and experience stunning views of the coast and the Atlantic Ocean. Whales are frequent visitors just off the Cape May shore, and the salt marshes are home to horseshoe crabs, red knots, plovers, and many fragile species of sea grasses and elusive wildlife. Come here to search them out, explore the museums, enjoy the beachy nightlife, or just relax in a luxury spa.
Here are a few suggested things to do and see in Cape May:
- Tour the Emlen Physick Estate: Stroll the grounds, gallery, shop, and restaurant of this 1879 Victorian House Museum, the only one of its kind in Cape May.
- Visit the Naval Air Station Aviation Museum in Wildwood: Learn more about our nation's military history as you explore this aviation museum housed in a preserved Navy hangar.
- Visit the Cape May Nature Center: Go kayaking, bird watching, or hike the trails at this nature center dedicated to conservation and environmental education.
- Go on an eco-tour: Learn about native plants and wildlife on a guided tour of the salt marshes and fragile ecosystems around Cape May and Wildwood Crest.
- Enjoy the beach: Surf, sunbathe, go parasailing, or take a chartered fishing or whale watching tour from one of several marinas around the cape.
- Play a round of golf: Visit the Cape May National Golf Club or any of the beautifully manicured and challenging courses in the area.
No matter how you plan to spend your vacation, you'll need a place to stay. Even if you wait until the last minute, you can still find a beautiful vacation rental in Cape May that offers everything you're looking for. Consider renting a stylish condo with easy access to the best Cape May night spots, a beach house big enough to host your family and friends, or a secluded summer cottage close the shore for a romantic getaway.