Featured Chania Properties
1 / 24
4 BR / 5 BA / Sleeps 8
- 3 night min
The Island of Crete and its port town of Chania are home to some of the most beautiful beaches in all of Europe. With a historic old harbor, archaeological gems scattered throughout the city, and friendly, hospitable locals, this town has it all! Paleologu Street and Kallinikou Street are the two main streets in Chania. Not only are they within close proximity to the beach, but these streets are also home to the best boutique shopping and fine restaurants in the area.
Here are a few additional suggestions of thing to do in Chania:
- Archaeological Museum of Chania: This museum houses several artifacts from Crete and Greece that are thousands of years old.
- Samaria Gorge: This coastal village is home to the most popular national park in the country.
- Old Turkish Quarter: Take a walk through this historical area that's home to plenty of vibrant and colorful markets and restaurants.
- Explore the villages: Visiting the villages is the best way to explore local Cretan culture. The village of Gavalohori, home of the Folklore Museum, is a must.
- Etz Hayyim Synagogue: Learn about the history of Crete's Jewish population at this synagogue.
- Go to the Beach: Of course, no vacation to Chania would be complete without spending time at the best beaches in the country.
Cretans view life as something to celebrate, and the events and festivals held year-round in Chania are a reflection of that. Some of the biggest ones include the Wine Festival in August, which celebrates the best wine made in the country; the Saint Nikitas Festival in September, where various athletic competitions are organized for the public to participate in or watch; and the Blessing of the Sheep in April, when sheep's milk is distributed to everyone and is followed by a celebration with music, dance, and food.
Luckily, no matter what time of year you plan to visit, finding a vacation rental in Chania is easy. Whether you're looking for a high-end condo on one of the main streets of town, or a spacious villa with breathtaking views of the beach right out your door, there's a vacation rental in Chania that's right for your budget and vacation needs.