Featured Chester Properties
Chester, California lies in the heart of the Shasta Cascade region, an area of breathtaking lakes, waterfalls, and unforgettable scenic vistas. This region provides the perfect destination for a family vacation or a long weekend getaway. Chester also lies within easy reach of the gateway to Lassen Volcanic National Park, since it's located right on the southern terminus of the Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway. Come here for endless outdoor adventures such as hiking, camping, rock climbing, and boating on Chester's tranquil glassy lakes and waterways.
There's no better way to make the most of your trip to Chester than with a stay in your own luxury vacation rental or private lakeside cabin. Wake up in your vacation rental and watch the sun rise over the lakes and mountains of Chester. Then head into the wilderness to experience the best of Chester's rugged natural beauty. In the winter, a mountain condo can provide all the room you need to store your skiing and snowshoeing equipment and in the summer, a private deck can be the perfect place to host a barbeque for your family and friends.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Rent a boat: Rent a canoe or kayak on Lake Almanour and head out onto the water at dawn to watch the sunrise and hear the call of the birds. You can also rent a jet ski or go waterskiing on the lake.
- Visit the Chester Museum and Library: See historic photographs, see basket exhibits, and learn more about the Maidu people who settled on this land originally.
- Experience the arts: Enjoy Chester's annual Celtic Arts Show, featuring the work of local Scotch and Irish artists and artisans. You can also wander the streets during any season of the year to experience beautiful local galleries and craft studios.
- Go caving: There are several extraordinary caves and rock formations in the Chester area that you can explore on your own or visit with an experienced guide.
- Go bird watching and wildlife spotting: Chester is a fantastic place to experience encounters with elusive birds and wildlife like eagles, black bears, foxes, hawks, and otters.
- Go snowmobiling: Take a snowmobiling lesson, or spend a winter afternoon with a guide touring the winter lake area at high speed.
You'll never run out of fun things to do in Chester, and you'll have no trouble finding a perfect condo or cabin that offers all the luxury amenities your family needs. During the day, explore the rugged mountain trails and wildflower meadows, and in the evening, come home to your apartment rental and relax in style. While you're visiting Chester, you may also want to explore some other California destinations, like the redwood forests or Sonoma wine country.