Rentals Near Corpus Christi Attractions
Featured Corpus Christi Properties
About Corpus Christi
The largest city on the Texan coast, Corpus Christi is one of the state's hidden gems. With a rich history dating back to the 17th century, Corpus Christi is home to a multitude of world-class beaches, museums and cultural attractions. Its unique weather is a draw in its own right: the weather is typically hot, and it's common for temperatures to rest above 70 degrees Fahrenheit even in December and January.
Many visitors are surprised by the sheer range of exciting and interesting activities and attractions in the city, which include:
- The beaches: For the most part, people who come to Corpus Christi come for the beaches. The most popular beach areas are about half an hour from town on Mustang Island and Padre Island. Here, you'll find all sorts of unique activities going on year-round, including weekly sailboat races and some of the best windsailing anywhere in the United States.
- The Galleries: The Art Museum of South Texas and the Art Center of Corpus Christi both house impressive collections of classical and modern art.
- Texas State Aquarium: A popular aquatic amusement park, the Texas State Aquarium offers visitors the chance to have a private session with a dolphin trainer if you make arrangements in advance.
- The Bayfront: A popular pedestrian district spanning the city's coastline and passing through the heart of its downtown, The Bayfront is the perfect place for a morning or evening stroll.
- USS Lexington exhibit: Celebrate America's naval heritage with a visit to the USS Lexington Museum on the Bay, one of the city's most popular historical attractions.
If you're visiting the Texas coast, a condo on the beach makes an excellent alternative to staying in a hotel, as Corpus Christi offers many rentals with all the comforts of home. With more space and privacy, as well as better amenities than most hotels, vacation homes are recommended for couples, families and groups of visitors alike.
Corpus Christi is also conveniently located near other major cities in Texas. If you have some extra time to explore the surrounding area, try to incorporate the major Texan metropolises of Houston, San Antonio and Austin into your itinerary.