Featured Cortona Properties
1 / 23
1 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 4
- No min stay
With magnificent panoramas, great old Italian architecture and some of the best food in the area, Cortona is the ideal destination for a romantic getaway or family vacation. The cobblestone streets, quaint buildings, and winding roads of Cortona make it one of the best walking towns in the area. If you are looking for great restaurants and shopping, be sure to check out Piazza Signorelli.
Here are a few additional suggestions of things to do in Cortona:
- Cooking Classes: Several hotels in the area offer half-day and full-day courses in the art of making traditional Italian dishes.
- The Archaeological Park: This route takes you along several Roman roads and past some beautiful architecture.
- Visit the Churches: Cortona is home to beautiful churches including the Duomo and Eremo Le Celle.
- Visit the Tombs: The Etruscan tombs are arguably the biggest attraction in the area.
- Palazzo Comunale: The town hall that was built in the early 13th century remains largely intact and offers guided tours.
Not surprisingly, many of the festivals in Cortona revolve around the amazing culinary attractions in the area. The biggest festival is the Sagra della Bisteca in August, which celebrates the steak from the local Chianina cows. The other main festival in the area is the Giostra dell'Archidado in May, an archery competition where representatives of the city's quarters compete while wearing historical costumes. The annual grape harvest, typically held in late September or early October, is another big event for Cortona.
Whether you want a condo with panoramic views of the vineyards out your front door, an apartment that's steps from all the major attractions and fine dining options, or a more secluded luxury villa in the outer parts of town, there's a vacation rental available to help you get the most out of your European getaway.