El Yunque National Forest Area
Rentals Near El Yunque National Forest Area Attractions
Featured El Yunque National Forest Area Properties
1 / 30
2 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 4
- 7 night min
1 / 22
2 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 5
- 3 night min
About El Yunque National Forest Area
With a warm tropical climate, an abundance of beaches and water activities, and overwhelmingly friendly locals, the island of St. Lucia has everything you need for an entertaining yet relaxing vacation.
Sample the local cuisine at one of the many restaurants throughout Rodney Bay, enjoy the fine shopping and bars of Castries, or enjoy the rolling waves and white sand of the beaches found throughout the island. Regardless of where you end up staying on the island, all of the major attractions that St. Lucia has to offer are easily accessible.
Be sure to make time for some of these top sites and activities:
- Pigeon Island Nature Reserve: In addition to having some of the oldest buildings on the island, this park offers beautiful views of St. Lucia and the nearby island of Martinique.
- Sulfur Springs: A great attraction in itself, the hot water from the springs also runs through a pool that is open to the public.
- Gros Piton: Hire a guide for this mountain trek which will take approximately two hours in order to reach the summit.
- Rainforest Hikes: There are several hiking trails throughout the rain forests in St. Lucia that are a great way to observe the local wildlife.
- Go Snorkeling: There are plenty of places throughout St. Lucia that offer snorkeling rental equipment for the day.
- Go to the Beach: A vacation here wouldn't be complete without spending some time at one of the many beaches in the area like Marigot Beach.
There are lots of regional and national events throughout St. Lucia during the year, but the biggest one by far is the St. Lucia Jazz Festival in May. Ranked as the second best festival in the Caribbean after the Trinidad Carnival, The St. Lucia Jazz Festival attracts musicians from all over the world to perform for the weeklong festivities throughout the island.
A vacation rental is the preferred option for those staying in St. Lucia. With properties ranging from luxury condos with high-end amenities, to beautiful villas in more secluded areas that are just steps from the sandy white beaches, you're bound to find a place that you can easily call your home away from home.
In addition to taxis and vans that will get you around the island, Saint Lucia offers the unique and picturesque option of taking a water taxi to almost any desired destination. If you have some extra time to explore, take one of the ferries to the nearby island of Martinique or St. Vincent.