Featured Englewood Properties
1 / 23
3 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 6
- Min stay varies
2 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 6Details
- Min stay varies
1 / 52
4 BR / 3 BA / Sleeps 8
- 2 night min
Enjoy surf and sea in the town of Englewood, a picturesque beach community on Florida's low-key Gulf Coast. There are dozens of beautiful beaches in the Englewood region. Englewood Beach, located on Manasota Key, is a popular sunbathing spot for locals and tourists, boasting soft white sand and gently breaking waves. Though you can participate in any type of water sport around the Gulf, Englewood is particularly popular for fishing. There are many regional tour operators that run fishing charters into the Gulf, where you can catch grouper, snook, and redfish all year round. You can also rent a speedboat or take the whole family out on the water or to visit one of the barrier islands that isn't connected to the land by bridge. On land, there are numerous golf courses in the greater Englewood region, as well as the neighboring city of Venice.
Great for the whole family, Englewood's restaurants serve traditional American food and fresh seafood specialties. There are tons of great places to eat with views of the water in Olde Englewood. You might be surprised to learn that Englewood is also home to a small but active artist community. In the evenings, you can buy tickets for a theater performance at the Lemon Bay Playhouse.
Here are some of the biggest attractions in Englewood, Florida:
- Village of Olde Englewood: Founded in the early 20th century, the oldest neighborhood in Englewood is now a bustling district with shops, cafes, and galleries.
- Manasota Beach: The northernmost stretch of sand on Manasota Key is a great place to bring your family for swimming, picnics, and fishing.
- Blind Pass: There are fewer services and far fewer people on this stretch of sand between Manasota Beach and Englewood Beach, a great place to collect shells.
- Don Pedro Island State Recreation Area: Rent a boat or take a ferry out to the mangrove-lined shores of this beautiful barrier island.
- Stump Pass Beach State Park: Spend a relaxing day on this sugary stretch of Florida coast, totally undeveloped, and open for sunbathing and fishing.
- Sarasota: Just a quick drive north, Sarasota is a famous beach community, with three beautiful barrier islands, running parallel to the shore.
Enjoy everything that west Florida has to offer in a comfortable vacation rental in Englewood. For unparalleled beach access, pick a condo or beach house overlooking the shore in Manasota Key.