Featured Essaouira Properties
The picturesque coastal town of Essaouira is a western Moroccan city that embraces the Atlantic Ocean. Travelers come here to relax in all of Essaouira's spectacular surroundings that feature dramatic sunsets and windswept beaches. The city showcases French and Portuguese architecture and provides a wealth of culture, arts, and history for visitors to enjoy. Outdoor enthusiasts can go swimming, kite surfing, and boating while nature lovers appreciate all of the unique scenery as they hike around the area. Those seeking shopping, dining, entertainment, and a buzzing nightlife will also find exactly what they are looking for in Essaouira.
Some of the sights you will definitely want to see include:
- Skala de la Ville: This exquisite sea bastion was constructed along the cliffs and features a collection of European cannons from the 19th century. It is the ideal location for visitors to start their exploration of the city and provides excellent views across the Medina, the Mellah quarters, and the sea.
- Essaouria Port: Also known as Skala du Port, this bustling area is filled with traditional wooden fishing boats being built and repaired as well as a fishing fleet bringing in their catch of the day.
- I'Atelier Madada: Visitors looking to learn the ins and outs of Moroccan gastronomy, head here. Small groups of no more than eight people can attend half-day workshops that teach participants how to prepare and then enjoy a traditional meal.
- Ecotourisme et Randonnees: Any nature lovers looking to discover the natural wonders of Essaouira should plan on taking an ecotourism journey through the Argan Woods, the Thuya Forests, and the Dunes.
- Medina of Essaouira: This ancient, walled-in market area of the city is a great spot for travelers to find all sorts of souvenirs. There are also plenty of cafes and restaurants to enjoy that surround the main square near the seafront.
- Marquetry Workshops: One of the most familiar sights in the city is the collection of wood-carving workshops. Visitors can see artisans work, as well as their finished products, down near Rue de Skala.
When visiting Essaouira, a vacation rental is a great way to experience the city. A villa or condo downtown puts you near all the action Essaouira has to offer while providing all of the amenities of home you need to have a relaxing getaway.