Rentals Near Great Exuma Attractions
Featured Great Exuma Properties
1 / 37
Great Exuma villa
1 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 4
Great Exuma villa
- Min stay varies
About Great Exuma
The booming waves and breathtaking beaches of Great Exuma in the Bahamas are an undeniably popular and memorable attraction, but there are many other things to do in this town as well. The wide range of outdoor sporting activities, delicious local cuisine, and historical attractions mean that there is something for everyone here. You'll find great pubs and trendy boutiques along Charlotte Street and Main Street, as well as magnificent views of the ocean along Elizabeth Harbor.
While you're in Great Exuma, be sure to save time for these a must-see attractions and activities:
- Swim with the dolphins: Go on an unforgettable day trip where you get to feed and swim with these amazing creatures.
- Bowe Family Plantation: Visit this old colonial plantation that gives plenty of insight into the colonial history of the Bahamas.
- Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park: Spread out over 176 square miles, this local marine wildlife reserve provides opportunities for seeing local fish up close and has some of the best scuba diving in the area.
- Thunderball Grotto: This popular spot for divers and snorkelers was also featured in two James Bond films.
- Go Bonefishing: Head to the southwestern shore to participate in this popular Bahamian sport.
- Try the local cuisine: Start with a bowl of traditional Bahamian soup known as Souse, move on to peachy meat called conch, and wash it down with a bottle of Kalik, the local beer in Exuma.
Many of the events and festivals held throughout Great Exuma celebrate the diverse culture and heritage of the Bahamas. Cheer on the best sailors in the country during the National Family Island Regatta in April, sample local foods and participate in old-fashioned competitions during the Exuma Junkanoo Summer Festival in July, or watch live bands play traditional Bahamian music at several venues throughout the area almost every night of the week.
As one of the premier vacation destinations in the Bahamas, there's an excellent selection of vacation rentals to choose from in Great Exuma. Pick one of the luxury condos in the middle of all the downtown action, or book a spacious villa that provides amazing beach views from your bedroom window.
The island of the Bahamas is small enough that you can reach any place on the island within roughly two hours by car, making Great Exuma a great base to explore the rest of the country. Less than an hour away outside of Great Exuma you can find the world-renowned beaches and thriving nightlife of the capital city of Nassau.