Featured Hampton Properties
1 / 37
1 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 4
- Min stay varies
1 / 12
3 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 8
- Min stay varies
Hampton, New Hampshire is a small New England beach community known for its scenic beauty and slow-paced, relaxing atmosphere. While there's plenty of history in the area, as it was first settled by Europeans in the middle of the 17th century, most visitors come for Hampton Beach, which is considered by many to be one of the finest beaches in the American northeast. The town attracts tens of thousands of visitors every year, and offers a wide range of activities for people of all ages.
Beyond Hampton Beach, here are some of the other attractions and activities you may want to check out during your stay:
- Hampton Beach State Park: Enjoy the great New England outdoors in Hampton Beach State Park, which offers swimming, hiking trails and picnic areas.
- Whale watching: A variety of local companies offer whale watching tours and excursions in the Atlantic waters off the Hampton coast.
- Head to Water Country: Promoted as New England's largest water park, Water Country is the perfect place to take the whole family on a hot summer day.
- Take a cruise: Harbor cruises offer a relaxing way to spend the day exploring the picturesque coast in comfort and style.
- Go fishing: Hampton offers some of the best deep-sea fishing on the Atlantic coast, and angling enthusiasts come from miles around to test their luck in the ocean waters.
While you are in Hampton, be sure to save some time to hit the fairways on the area's golf courses, take surfing lessons and enjoy boating and parasailing excursions. Hampton is also home to a nationally renowned science center, which offers a great way to spend an afternoon during your visit.
Most visitors come to Hampton Beach in the summer, though the area's parks and recreation facilities are also open in spring and fall. New England's famed autumn scenery is particularly spectacular in Hampton, making October an excellent time to visit.
Offering much more space and privacy than a hotel and all the comforts of home, a condo or villa on the beach is an affordable and luxurious way to spend your visit to Hampton Beach. Given its popularity as a vacation destination, Hampton Beach and the surrounding area have many vacation rentals available.
Part of Hampton's charm is its remote location, but if you want to explore the surrounding area to the fullest, rent a car for a day and enjoy the excitement of cosmopolitan Boston, located less than 50 miles south.