Featured Helen Properties
Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains along the Chattahoochee River, Helen is the perfect mountain escape. All of Georgia's natural beauty becomes your backyard while staying in your very own vacation rental home. Shielded by the pines in your mountain cabin, be the first to see the sun hit the green Georgia hills with your morning coffee in hand. Spend your days fishing, tubing, golfing and swimming in any of Helen's mountain lakes, then retreat home at night and grill the days catch outdoors with friends and family.
Helen is home to a number of stunning natural State Parks, with great paved bicycle routes, golf courses, tennis courts, fishing and boating opportunities, and bird watching trails.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Experience the Black Bear Dinner Theatre: Spend an evening at this professional dinner theatre specializing in Broadway quality shows and music
- Taste authentic Georgia wines: Habersham Vineyards and Winery, one of Georgia's oldest and largest wineries, is open daily for tastings and tours.
- Hop aboard a horse-drawn carriage: Take a carriage ride with Horne's Buggy Rides and relax while you enjoy views of the charming German-style town of Helen. Rides are offered daily and provide service to restaurants and other downtown venues.
- See Charlemagne's Kingdom: This miniature railroad line runs through "Germany from the North Sea to the Alps," and is the largest Alpine Model Railroad museum known to man. With over 400 feet of railroad track, computerized trains, moving cable cars and lighted cities, towns, and villages, the set is truly a must see.
- See the Raven Cliffs: Explore scenic hiking trails with mountain streams, waterfalls, and other scenic vistas throughout an enchanting 9,115-acre natural reserve.
- Explore the trails of Unicoi State Park: Just two miles from the Alpine village, this park is perfect for environmental and outdoor enthusiasts.
Whether you decide to spend your days hiking, skiing or horseback riding in Helen, you will find plenty of exciting things to do here. Your whole family will make lasting memories as you explore the lakes and mountains in Georgia. There are also plenty of beautiful and luxurious vacation rental opportunities to investigate as you plan your trip. In addition to Helen, Georgia's campgrounds, consider a secluded lakeside cabin, a romantic cottage, or an elegant downtown condo close to the shopping and nightlife. While you're here, you may want to plan a side trip to the quaint towns of Blairsville and Tallulah Falls.