Featured Hocking Hills Properties
1 / 15
2 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 6
- Min stay varies
1 / 35
3 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 10
- 2 night min
About Hocking Hills
For some of the best parks in the country, local farm with delicious fresh produce, great breweries, and an endless supply of outdoor activities to enjoy, look no further than Hocking Hills. Your best bet for stylish boutiques and upscale dining options in town is Main Street while parks and sporting activities can be found all over town.
Be sure to make time for some of these must-see sights during your stay in the area:
- Tar Hollow State Park: This is the third largest forest in the state and has over 16,000 acres, filled with guided walking trails and excellent hiking options.
- Logan Antique Mall: This mall has over 100 dealers with antiques from almost every part of the country, some of which are turn of the century pieces.
- Ash Cave: The largest recess cave in the state is the biggest geographic feature of Hocking Hills and also features a waterfall that provides amazing photo opportunities.
- Hocking Valley Scenic Railway: Take a ride through the hills in a historic train with experienced tour guides.
- Air Tours: Several local companies offer air tours, which allow you the opportunity to admire the geological landscape of Hocking Hills from above.
- Go Horseback Riding: Take a leisurely horseback ride through the meadows of Hocking Hills.
In addition to the attractions throughout the many parks of Hocking Hills, there are also several events and festivals held in town throughout the year. Celebrate the summer strawberry harvest at the Newark Strawberry Festival in June, take a ride through the hills for breathtaking views of the Independence Day fireworks over town at the Fireworks Train in July, or enjoy the rides and competitions offered during Haunted Hockings in October.
There are many vacation rental options, suitable for all family sizes and budgets, in Hocking Hills. Book a home that's in the middle of town and puts you near the excellent dining options and rows of art galleries. Or, for a more rural experience, rent a beautiful cabin in a more remote part of town and closer to the state parks.
If you wish to explore other parts of Ohio, there are several places near Hocking Hills that make excellent day trips. The bustling college atmosphere of Athens, the attractions of Cleveland, and the historic buildings of Mansfield can all be reached within an hour and a half drive.