Featured Hot Springs Properties
About Hot Springs
You can feel the warmth of Hot Springs, North Carolina through the healing mineral springs, breathtaking landscape, and friendly residents. Located in the western part of the state where the French Broad River and Spring Creek unite, Hot Springs has been a popular vacation destination for over 150 years. Visitors are drawn to the therapeutic benefits of its waters and the beauty of its natural surroundings, which include the Pisgah National Forest and a section of the Southern Appalachian Mountains.
Hot Springs was originally discovered by Native Americans and named for the elevated temperatures found in its mineral waters. Europeans arrived later and established early settlements. The result is a region rich in cultural history and renowned for its unique offerings such as mountain biking, rafting, fishing, and horseback riding.
Be sure to make time for these popular activities and sights:
- Max Patch: This hiking trail offers exquisite views favored by both visitors and locals.
- The Yellow Teapot: A hot spot for afternoon tea, this venue also doubles as a gallery for regional art.
- Paddler's Pub: This bar and restaurant is a place to enjoy live music and mingle.
- Paint Creek: This fishing spot is a great place to find your catch of the day.
- Huck Finn Rafting Adventures: Providing the seasonal activity of tubing trips, these popular rafting adventures take place on the French Broad River.
There are several places for food, fun, and plenty of shopping in Hot Springs. Many of these outlets are situated near Bridge Street, which is considered the town center. As nighttime rolls around, relax in a downtown condo, a spacious villa, or secluded cabin. A vacation rental often comes with all the comforts of home and spectacular views of the region too.
Making your way around Hot Springs is easily be done by car, so you can access all of the area's sights and activities. The region experiences moderate seasonal temperatures year-round and the hot springs are always warm no matter what time you head there. While you are staying in town, there are a number of neighboring cities that might also pique your interest, including Asheville and Maggie Valley.