- Budapest & Central Danube Region View all rentals (5)
- Lake Balaton View all rentals (67)
- Heviz View all rentals (10)
- Hajduszoboszlo View all rentals (4)
- Eger View all rentals (20)
- Central Hungary View all rentals (35)
- Zalakaros View all rentals (7)
- Pecs View all rentals (7)
- Szeged View all rentals (8)
Rentals Near Hungary Attractions
Featured Hungary Properties
Hungary is a beautiful central European country with an interesting history and wonderful architectural sights. When many travelers think of Hungary, they immediately think of its striking capital city, Budapest. Located on the banks of the famous Danube River, Budapest is a charming and cosmopolitan place. Architecturally, it is a stunning mix of styles. Be sure to visit the Szent Istvan Bazilika, a massive 19th century neo-classical church, as well as Halaszbastya, or Castle Hill, where you can get a sweeping view of the city. If you need to take a load off your feet after a day of sightseeing, Budapest is famous for its thermal baths and spas, where you can join Hungarians for a revitalizing soak. In the afternoons, treat yourself to a strong cup of coffee in one of the city's many old and charming coffee houses.
Although the capital city of Budapest is Hungary's most famous attraction, there is much more to see in this diverse nation. Hop a train along the Danube to visit the gorgeous small cities of Szentendre and Vac. Marvel at the massive 13th century castle in Visegrad. For outdoorsy travelers, the Hungarian countryside boasts some incredibly pristine landscapes, as well as many natural thermal springs. Tourists from throughout Europe come to soak in the Cave Baths of Miskolc-Tapolca or the enormous thermal lake in eastern Hungary.
Some of Hungary's most popular destinations include:
- Budapest: One of the most beautiful cities in Europe, Hungary's capital is filled with historic architecture, charming coffee shops, and a unique local culture.
- Szentendre: Just a quick jaunt up the Danube from the capital, this lovely medieval city is known for its museums, galleries, and active artist community.
- Eger: This perfectly preserved Baroque village is home to Egri Var, a large castle and palace, and relaxing thermal baths.
- Lake Balaton: A summer resort for Hungarians, Balaton is the biggest lake in Central Europe, flanked by lovely small towns like Sumeg.
- Sopron: This medieval Hungarian city is filled with gothic architecture and is a great jumping off point for trips into the picturesque Lover Hills.
- Pecs: There are many museums and interesting architectural sights in this upbeat and cultural city in southwest Hungary.
If you are planning to visit Hungary, consider a vacation rental in the city of Budapest. Cultural travelers will be pleased to find a condo in the city's historic districts or a luxury apartment overlooking the river. For a relaxing retreat, look for a cozy cabin for two or spacious villa for the entire family in the Hungarian countryside near Lake Balaton.