- Reykjavik View all rentals (348)
- Selfoss View all rentals (51)
- Akureyri View all rentals (52)
- Hella View all rentals (20)
- Blonduos View all rentals (3)
- Borgarnes View all rentals (24)
- Mosfellsbaer View all rentals (3)
- Kopavogur View all rentals (3)
- Akranes View all rentals (12)
- West Region View all rentals (3)
- Fludir View all rentals (5)
- Hvolsvollur View all rentals (4)
- Thingvellir View all rentals (74)
- Geysir View all rentals (140)
Rentals Near Iceland Attractions
Featured Iceland Properties
4 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 8Details
- 2 night min
If you enjoy unique and secluded landscapes, then the amazing country of Iceland is a perfect vacation getaway for you. With a beautifully snow-blanketed landscape during the winter, twenty hours of daylight during the summer, and cultural attractions year-round, this island nation has it all! The biggest city in Iceland is its capital of Reykjavik, which has a population five times that of the second biggest city in the country. While the smaller and more isolated towns many not have as many inhabitants, they are home to most of the rugged scenery and the national parks that Iceland is so famous for.
While you're in Iceland, be sure to make time for some of these must-see attractions and destinations:
- Blue Lagoon: This geothermal spa in the middle of a lava field is the most famous attraction in Iceland.
- Pingvellir National Park: The site of Iceland's parliament, this park is full of water-cut lava fields.
- See the Geysers: Iceland is home to a number of geysers, many of which erupt every five minutes or so.
- Jokulsarlon: Known for its crystal blue waters, Jokulsarlon is the largest glacier lake in Iceland.
Although Iceland is best known for its landscapes, the country has a big arts scene which is reflected in its year-round events and festivals. Visit during October and attend Iceland Airwaves, an international music festival showcasing the top new bands from Europe, Iceland, and the U.S., or the Reykjavik Jazz Festival, an event where top Icelandic and international jazz musicians play as long as it's light out, leading to an almost non-stop three day party.
Luckily, no matter what time of year you plan to visit, you'll have no trouble finding a vacation rental in Iceland. Whether you're looking for a spacious villa with all the comforts of your own home, an apartment in the middle of Reykjavik and next to great dining and shopping options, or a cabin in one of the more remote parts of the country, there's a vacation rental in Iceland that's right for you.