Featured Idyllwild Properties
1 / 46
2 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 6
- Min stay varies
2 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 6Details
- Min stay varies
1 / 6
3 BR / 3 BA / Sleeps 8
- 2 night min
Located in the heart of Big Bear and within easy reach of some of California's most popular mountain vistas, Idyllwild is the perfect destination for a family vacation or romantic getaway. Visitors come here for the tours of peaceful wine country and the bustling downtown shopping areas and nightlife. They also come here for the unique and thriving arts community. But more than anything else, Idyllwild draws visitors who are looking for the perfect outdoor adventures amid endless natural beauty. In the summer, Idyllwild is a great place to climb to a mountain summit or daydream in a meadow of wildflowers. During the winter, there's no better place to rent a cozy ski condo and explore the wilderness on a snowmobile.
Whatever activities you have in mind, the best way to experience Idyllwild is by staying in a vacation rental with room to store your gear and all the amenities you need to host your family and friends. After a long day on the trails, come home to your private cabin or ocean condo and make dinner together in your rental's gourmet kitchen. You can also head into town for world-class dining, nightlife, and live music venues.
Here are some additional suggestions for your trip:
- Visit the Eastside Reservoir project: The construction of this giant dam has recently reached completion. Explore the site to witness a true marvel of 21st century engineering.
- Explore the Mount Jacinto State Park and Wilderness Area: For the best hiking and camping in Idyllwild, explore the lakes and trails of this beautiful preserved park.
- Go horseback riding: Several stables in and around Idyllwild can offer trail rides with an experienced guide that can last a few hours or a few days.
- Play golf: Tee off at some of the emerald green champion caliber courses in the Idyllwild area. Mini golf courses are popular here as well.
- Go whitewater rafting: Experience thrilling whitewater rafting or tranquil, lazy tubing along the rivers and waterways that wind through Mount Jacinto.
- Take a balloon ride: There's no better way to experience the majestic beauty of Big Bear than from a colorful balloon. Most rides begin at sunrise and end with a traditional champagne brunch.
The perfect vacation rental can be your home away from home as you relax, reconnect, and enjoy your vacation adventures in Idyllwild. While you're visiting the Big Bear area, schedule side trips to fun destinations like Healdsburg and Lake Arrowhead.