Rentals Near Jacksonville Attractions
Featured Jacksonville Properties
- 1 night min
- 1 night min
- 4 nights min
- 3 nights min
- 2 nights min
- 2 nights min
Affectionately dubbed "Jax" by its local citizens, Jacksonville, Florida, is an urban oasis offering the best aspects of city life with plenty of outdoor activities and natural elements added in. It is a large port town situated in the northeast region of Florida and is known as one of the most significant cultural, commercial, financial and industrial hubs in the Southeastern United States.
Jacksonville is located alongside the exquisite St. Johns River. Visitors will find everything they desire here from art and science museums to recreational activities. All of these endeavors can be enjoyed on the city's beautiful beaches, state parks, and nature and wildlife preserves.
There are also a number of historic neighborhoods to tour, boat cruises to enjoy, and premier golf courses to play on. Making your way around Jacksonville can be done by air through the monorail skyway system, by train via the downtown trolley, by water taxi, or by foot.
As you explore the city, check out these exciting sights in Jax:
- Jacksonville Landing: This area is a unique waterfront space that includes a number of entertainment, shopping, and restaurant options.
- Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens: Designed for all age groups, this wildlife preserve showcases a number of diverse animal species.
- Atlantic Beach: This popular beach spot is a favorite among local residents and visitors.
- MOCA Jacksonville: Known as one of the biggest contemporary art houses in the Southeast, this museum is renowned for its displays of Korean culture and art education.
- Cummer Museum Art and Gardens: This attraction consists of lush, spectacular gardens and artwork ranging from prehistoric times to present day.
- Ritz Theatre & LaVilla Museum: As Jacksonville's cultural center for the performing arts, this theater also includes a museum that recounts the venue's history.
There is no shortage of nighttime fun to be had. Jacksonville Landing and the Southbank Riverwalk are two of the hotspots where a variety of bars and restaurants are located. There are also a number of music venues that keep the beat going after dark, including Freebird Live, created to honor Lynyrd Skynrd, a well-known band from the area. When you are ready to settle in for some well-needed rest, return to your comfortable condo downtown or make yourself at home in a vacation rental near the beach.
Overall, the weather in Jacksonville is pretty mild so any month is an ideal time to visit. Though the summers can get very hot, Jacksonville does not usually experience extreme cold or freezing temperatures during the winter. Moderation is the key to its climate, and that is part of what makes Jax such an attractive place to stay and play. Several special events also take place there every year, including the Wednesday Art Walks, a free self-guided tour of the cultural and educational artistic venues downtown, complete with music and food.