Featured Jaco Properties
Jaco, also called the "city of surf" is a small beach town on the coast of Costa Rica with extraordinary beaches and access to the Rincon de La Vieja National Park. Jaco is home to the brilliant biodiversity associated with the cloud forest ecosystem. But it may be just as well known for its beaches, which are warm, tranquil, and crystal blue all year long. The beaches are so inviting to surfers that the World Masters Surfing Championship was actually held in little Jaco in 2009. Even away from the beach, there are plenty of things to see and do in Jaco. Go hiking or take a guided tour through the jungle, then join the celebratory atmosphere that lights up the city after the sun goes down.
Here are a few additional suggestions of things to do in Jaco:
- Go on the zip-lining adventure of a lifetime: Ride a jeep or tractor to a mountain summit in Vista Los Suenos Canopy, and then zip-line all the way down. The entire decent is more than a mile in length!
- Learn to surf: The beaches of Costa Rica are unforgettable places to surf. The waves are crystal clear, the sun is warm, and the sand is white and soft.
- Go bungee jumping: Try one of Jaco's most popular attractions.
- Visit the Pura Vida Gardens and Waterfalls: See stunning waterfalls, exotic orchids, and other plants numbering in the millions. This 50 acre garden winds along a river at the crest of one of Jaco's breathtaking mountains.
- Go horseback riding: Ride through the jungle by horseback and gallop along the beach. There's no more romantic way to explore this tropical paradise.
- Enjoy the beach: Rent a kayak and explore the coast on your own, take a charter fishing tour, or just relax and enjoy the sunshine.
Even though more and more travelers are discovering the town's secluded beauty, it's still easy to find the perfect vacation rental in Jaco. Book a luxurious villa with views of the Pacific Ocean, or find an affordable condo just a few steps away from the beach for your next getaway.