Featured Kaneohe Properties
Located just outside of the capital city of Honolulu, the excellent restaurants and nightlife of Kaneohe are a must to sample for anyone visiting the island of Oahu. Take in the panoramic views from Nu'uanu Pali, enjoy the delicious Hawaiian cuisine from one of the restaurants along Main Street, or just soak up the sun at one of the many beaches throughout the area.
While you're in Kaneohe, be sure to also make time for some of these must-see attractions and activities:
- Ke Ala Olino Native Cultural Center: Gain greater insight into the history and culture of the Polynesian heritage found throughout the island at this local museum.
- Valley of the Temples: Located at the foot of the Ko'olau Mountains, this iconic landmark is filled with traditional Buddhist temples and vast gardens filled with local flowers.
- Go for a dinner sail: Sumptuous local cuisine and live entertainment await you on a sunset cruise.
- Go to the Beach: Hawaii is known throughout the world for its beaches, and Kalama Beach and Lanikai Beach are just two of the many popular places that locals visit to soak up the sun.
- Enjoy the Water Sports: Kiteboarding, windsurfing, and kayaking are just some of the water sports that can be enjoyed in Kaneohe.
As the second most populated island in Hawaii, there's no shortage of events taking place in the Maui area and many of them right outside of Kaneohe. Cheer on the runners from all over the world during the 37 mile race from sea level to the summit of Haleakala known as the Run to the Sun in March, watch the best golfers in the world compete at the Mercedes Championships in January, or take part in the wide range of festivities held throughout Kaneohe during the Chinese New Year celebrations in February.
A vacation rental is the preferred option for those staying in Kaneohe. Rent a condo with luxury amenities that's close to all the action downtown, or book an apartment with panoramic ocean views from out your bedroom window. Whatever you're looking for, there's a property available that will be a perfect home away from home for you.
There are plenty of things to do in the Kaneohe area, but many visitors also use the town as a base to explore the rest of Maui. The old plantation town of Haiku, the renowned beaches of Paia, and the historic buildings of Wailuku can all be reached within a scenic two-hour drive.