- Whitstable View all rentals (158)
- Deal View all rentals (121)
- Broadstairs View all rentals (145)
- Canterbury View all rentals (255)
- Margate View all rentals (116)
- Isle of Sheppey View all rentals (34)
- Maidstone View all rentals (35)
- Ashford View all rentals (60)
- Ramsgate View all rentals (71)
- Royal Tunbridge Wells View all rentals (11)
- Littlestone View all rentals (13)
- Dover View all rentals (112)
- Gillingham View all rentals (10)
- Dymchurch View all rentals (27)
- Tenterden View all rentals (35)
Rentals Near Kent Attractions
Featured Kent Properties
The country province of Kent, England, encapsulates all the history and charm of the British Isles. Bordered by the greater London area, Kent is easily accessible, but feels miles away from the urban atmosphere of England's capital city. Here, country estates are nestled amidst rolling green countryside, while well-preserved medieval villages give visitors a glimpse of life in Old England. Often called "The Garden of England," Kent is filled with orchards, farms, and grazing animals.
Kent is a historic part of England, boasting some of the most well-known monuments in the country. The cathedral at Canterbury is a jewel of medieval architecture, built over the course of many centuries and recently inducted into the United Nations' list of World Heritage Sites. Built by King Henry II during the 12th century, Dover Castle is an impressive military fortress and a historic landmark. Travel through the Kent countryside to visit these and other stunning landmarks.
In addition to history, Kent is a wonderful place for a seaside vacation. Along the eastern edge of the county of Kent, the rugged coastline boasts some of the country's most beautiful beaches. Some shores, like the historic town of Hyde, are perfect for a romantic getaway. Other beaches, like the popular beaches of Margate and Broadstairs, are well suited to a family vacation. For butterflies and flowers, scenic views, and country villages, plan a hike through Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Some of Kent's top attractions include:
- Knole House: Located in Sevenoaks, Knole House is a massive country estate, originally built by the archbishop of Canterbury in the 15th century.
- Leeds Castle: Built beside a lovely natural lake and surrounded by 500 acres of greenery, this historic castle looks like the ones in fairy tales.
- Historic Chatham Dockyard: Tour a historic submarine or historic warship at the shipbuilding yard in Chatham, which also includes a maritime museum.
- Ramsgate: A family vacation town on Kent's coast, Ramsgate has a charming harbor filled with great shops, pubs, and restaurants.
Get to know the real England with a vacation rental in the Kent countryside. If you are planning a romantic escape to Kent, seek out a cozy cabin in one of Kent's picturesque parklands, like the Blean wilderness near Canterbury. For the family, there's no better option than a comfortable condo by the shore in Whitstable, Broadstairs, or Margate. If you want to explore history, look for a traditional English home in the peaceful small town of Cranbrook.