Featured Kingston Properties
1 / 21
2 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 4
- Min stay varies
1 / 29
2 BR / 3 BA / Sleeps 5
- 3 night min
1 / 78
2 BR / 4 BA / Sleeps 6
- 2 night min
Located in the heart of the Caribbean, Kingston, Jamaica is the cultural and commercial hub of the country. The spectacular oceanfront views combined with the lush tropical surroundings make the city seem like a secluded paradise, but it is also packed with plenty of culture, arts, and history.
There are numerous museums, performances, and exhibitions to attend. For those seeking recreational opportunities, there is no shortage of fun in the sun. From swimming, diving, fishing and snorkeling to horse backing riding, golfing, and shopping, Kingston has got it all. The nightlife is also bustling with great restaurants, cafes, and clubs downtown.
Some of the sights you will not want to miss include:
- Blue Mountains: If you love hiking and camping or breathtaking views, the Blue Mountains should not be missed. From their peak, you can see numerous varieties of flowers, flora, birds and animals as well as exquisite views of the water and beaches.
- Mineral Baths: Just outside of Kingston, travelers can enjoy the natural springs. You can picnic or swim here as well as indulge in a massage or whirlpool treatment.
- Bob Marley Museum: Housed in his former studio and created to celebrate his life and music, this museum is perfect for fans of the late reggae legend.
- Acropolis Gaming and Entertainment Centre: This casino is a popular spot in the city. The large space features 150 gaming machines as well as a restaurant.
- The National Gallery of Art: Located in the Kingston Mall, this gallery showcases paintings and sculptures by well-known Jamaican artists.
- Devon House Heritage Site: This house has been declared a National Monument by the Jamaica National Heritage Trust. It is over 120 years old and features an amazing collection of antiques from France, England, Jamaica and the Caribbean.
When the sun finally sets, there are a number of excellent options for accommodations including a villa or condo on the beach or an apartment downtown. No matter what your preference, every vacation rental showcases the beautiful surroundings of the island. The tropical climate of Jamaica means the weather is predominantly warm year-round, and there are numerous annual events to help you make the most of it. Some of these celebrations include Bob Marley Week in February, Calabash Literary Festival in May and Reggae Sunsplash in August. If you are also interested in taking a few day trips, be sure to check out the neighboring towns of Ocho Rios and Montego Bay.