Featured Kitty Hawk Properties
About Kitty Hawk
Cross the Wright Brothers Memorial Bridge onto the Outer Banks, and Kitty Hawk will be the first laid back, quaint little town you'll encounter. Famous as the home of the Wright Brothers and their earliest experiments with flight, Kitty Hawk is also known as a destination spot for a relaxing, postcard-perfect vacation. Families with children return here year after year to enjoy the quiet beaches and charming historic neighborhoods of the Outer Banks. And nature enthusiasts cherish this area for its salt marshes, coastal wildlife preserve, and bird watching opportunities.
Spend your time here hunting for crabs and clams, collecting seashells in the soft sand of Kitty Hawk's pristine beaches, or explore the museums and learning about the cultural and natural history of the area. Be sure to visit the famers markets during the summertime for ripe berries and fresh fish.
Here are a few additional suggestions of things to do:
- Visit the Wright Brothers Museum: This Museum is maintained by the National Park Service and offers a huge collection of artifacts and a friendly staff of experts. Come here to learn more about the history of aviation and the lives of these two inventive brothers.
- Play on Kitty Hawk Beach: Some consider this the cleanest, quietest, and most pleasant public beach in the Outer Banks area. Come here to relax, play in the waves, paddle a kayak along the shore, or go parasailing and see the coast from above.
- Visit the Currituck Beach Lighthouse: This is one of several beautifully preserved old lighthouses in the Outer Banks. The red brick structure rises 158 feet into the sky and offers beautiful views of the ocean and shoreline if you choose to climb all the way to the top.
- See a show: See an exciting live music or theater performance at the Waterside Theater or at the Outer Banks Music Showcase.
- Play a round of golf: Many consider the Outer Banks area to be the home of American golf. A number of the courses around Kitty Hawk are championship class, well-manicured and created by famous designers.
- Go shopping: Spend the afternoon wandering the quaint shopping districts of Kitty Hawk, Duck and Nags Head.
It doesn't matter when you plan your vacation because it's always easy to find the perfect vacation rental in Kitty Hawk. Whether you are looking to rent a condo near one of Kitty Hawks emerald golf courses, or a beach house big enough to host your family and friends, there is a home in Kitty Hawk that can meet your every need.