- Keswick View all rentals (276)
- Ambleside View all rentals (179)
- Windermere View all rentals (318)
- Kendal View all rentals (94)
- Penrith View all rentals (87)
- Coniston View all rentals (116)
- Cockermouth View all rentals (54)
- Bowness-on-Windermere View all rentals (106)
- Hawkshead View all rentals (88)
- Pooley Bridge View all rentals (43)
- Bassenthwaite View all rentals (55)
- Grasmere View all rentals (78)
- Cartmel View all rentals (42)
- Glenridding View all rentals (23)
- Eskdale View all rentals (17)
Rentals Near Lake District Attractions
Featured Lake District Properties
4 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 8Details
- 2 night min
About Lake District
Many people who visit the United Kingdom do so for the big-city attractions, but an ever-growing population is heading here for the lush countryside and beautiful scenery that Britain has to offer. For historical sites, some of the best British cuisine in the country, and a never-ending supply of high-end shopping, the market town of Keswick is an excellent choice. A number of pubs with great music can be found along Main Street, while those who wish to do some shopping should head over to Tithebarn Street.
Be sure to save some time for these activities and attractions while in Keswick:
- Crosswaite Church: Parts of this church are the oldest artifacts in all of Keswick, dating back to the early 7th century.
- Moot Hall: This hall dates back to the early 15th century and is a reflection of a time when mining made Keswick one of the wealthiest areas in all of Britain.
- The Teapottery: This local site will explain the process of making teapots and let you observe it first-hand.
- Victorian Museum and Art Gallery: This museum contains original manuscripts of some of the famous Lake District writers such as Robert Southey and Samuel Coleridge.
- Sample the Markets: Keswick is known as a market town, and the outdoor markets that take place here during the warmer months sell a wide range of locally grown produce, clothing and art.
There are plenty of events and festivals held in Keswick and the Cumbria region. Listen to some of the world's biggest folk artists perform live at the Brampton Festival in May, observe the artwork of the region's top artists at the Lake Artists Society Summer Exhibition in August, or watch short and feature films from Britain's top filmmakers at the Keswick Film Festival in February.
For an extended stay in Cumbria, nothing beats the vacation rental options that can be found in Keswick. From condos with great views right out your bedroom window, to grand villas that are surrounded by rolling hills and green grass, there is a vacation home in the area that will be perfect for you stay in Keswick.
There is a lot to do in Keswick alone, but many visitors also like to take day trips to sample the amazing attractions that the Cumbria region has to offer. If you have some extra time to explore, visit Baycliffs, the endless pastures and countryside of Farlam, or the historical attractions of Moresby, all less than an hour away by car.