- Moultonborough View all rentals (30)
- Meredith View all rentals (53)
- Laconia View all rentals (14)
- Gilford View all rentals (27)
- Wolfeboro View all rentals (30)
- Alton View all rentals (17)
- Weirs Beach View all rentals (54)
- Center Harbor View all rentals (13)
Rentals Near Lake Winnipesaukee Attractions
Featured Lake Winnipesaukee Properties
5 BR / 3 BA / Sleeps 18Details
- Min stay varies
1 / 18
1 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 2
- 7 night min
About Lake Winnipesaukee
Nestled in the heart of New Hampshire's beautiful lakes region and within easy reach of the famous White Mountains, lies Lake Winnipesaukee. This tranquil lake and the scenic Lake Winnipesaukee camping areas and hiking trails that wind along its shores have provided a popular family vacation destination for generations. Outdoor lovers come here from all over the country to experience Lake Winnipesaukee waterskiing, bird watching, fishing, and swimming. If you're planning a visit here, consider a stay in a vacation rental. A lakeside cabin or cottage is often less expensive than a hotel and can offer better access to your favorite wilderness activities.
Wake up in your vacation rental to the sound of birds and enjoy coffee on your private balcony as the sun rises over the mountains, then plan the day's adventures at your own pace. Explore the quaint downtown craft shops and art galleries, visit a waterpark or bird sanctuary, or play a round of golf. You'll never run out of fun things to do here, no matter season of the year you plan your visit.
Here are a few additional suggestions:
- Go fishing: Go ice fishing on the frozen lake during the winter, or launch a boat from your lakeside cabin in the summertime and spend an afternoon fishing for trout and northern pike.
- Go bird watching and wildlife spotting: The quiet trails around Lake Winnipesaukee are perfect places to see elusive shorebirds and wildlife like black bear, foxes, and river otters.
- Rent a bike: Rent a bicycle and pack a picnic lunch, then pedal along the lake shores and through the green parks.
- Tee off on the golf course: Play a round of mini golf, or tee off on one of several champion caliber eighteen-hole courses in the area.
- Visit Weirs Beach: Relax on the sand with a good book, go swimming or snorkeling, or stroll along the boardwalk.
- Go horseback riding: Take a private lesson at one of the stables in the area, or join a guided trail ride to a lakeside overlook at sunset.
No matter what activities you have in mind, you'll easily be able to fill the day with fun adventures for everyone in your family. After the sun goes down, enjoy the world-class restaurants and nightspots in the area or come home to your vacation rental and a host barbeque on your private deck. While you're visiting the area, consider exploring the state and national parks of the breathtaking New Hampshire White Mountains too.