- Rome View all rentals (5122)
- Vatican City View all rentals (1126)
- Roma View all rentals (3387)
- Sperlonga View all rentals (228)
- Gaeta View all rentals (221)
- Terracina View all rentals (132)
- Formia View all rentals (133)
- San Felice Circeo View all rentals (92)
- Viterbo View all rentals (393)
- Bracciano View all rentals (267)
- Ponza View all rentals (129)
- Lido di Ostia View all rentals (57)
- Province of Rieti View all rentals (6)
- Tarquinia View all rentals (163)
- Trevignano Romano View all rentals (27)
Rentals Near Lazio Attractions
Featured Lazio Properties
Lazio is a region of central Italy, most famous as the home of the nation's capital, Rome, but also the site of many lesser-known attractions that are well worth exploring in their own right. With a sprawling coastline, beautiful beaches, a unique seafood-rich cuisine, and historic towns and cities filled with artistry and striking architecture, Lazio makes a memorable vacation.
The top attractions in Rome and Lazio include:
- The Colosseum: An iconic masterpiece of ancient Roman architecture, the Colosseum is an impressive ancient remnant that is one of Rome's quintessential must-see sights.
- St. Peter's Basilica: The global center of the Catholic Church, St. Peter's Basilica is home to some of the most impressive artwork and architecture ever created. Climbing to the roof for a view of the city also yields some marvelous photo opportunities.
- Castelli: The summer respite of wealthy ancient Romans and the site of the papal vacation residence, the central Lazio region of Castelli is well-known for its Frascati wines and makes for an excellent day trip.
- Tivoli: The city of Tivoli is an easy day trip from Rome, and is the home of two attractions that are well worth the journey: the spectacular Organ Fountain at the Villa D'Este and the ruins of the Roman emperor Hadrian.
If you're visiting during the Christmas season, be sure to head into the Vatican City. Even if you're not religious, a glimpse at the pomp and circumstance of Christianity's biggest festival in the heart of Catholicism is a unique cultural experience that's not to be missed.
Vacation rentals offer the ideal way to relax, unwind and enjoy the sights and sounds of Rome and Lazio. Offering more space and privacy than hotels and all the comforts and indulgences of home, staying in a villa or apartment during your Italian vacation will make your trip that much more enjoyable.
From Rome, you can visit the region of Campania, home of the ancient cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum. It is a three-hour train ride from Rome to Pompeii, and the trip can be done in a single day, or you can opt to spend more time in this historic and beautiful area.