Featured Leland Properties
With an array of historical attractions, a coastline that provides picturesque views and hospitable locals, the Michigan town of Leland has it all! North and South Main Streets are your best bet for dining and shopping options in town. However, there are lots of outdoor attractions and historical sites that can be found almost everywhere in Leland.
Here are just a few of the activities and sites you should make time for during your stay in the area:
- Fishtown: This nearby fishing village has a great harbor that serves as an excellent spot to watch the local fishermen bring in their catch for the day.
- North and South Manitou Islands: These islands are part of the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore and offer great hiking options.
- Mishimegobing: This charming Ottawa village is the oldest and largest on the Leelenau Peninsula.
- Sample the Art: Leland has a proud rich artistic tradition. Visit the Main Street Gallery and Creative Commons Photos to observe some of the best local artwork in the region.
- Leelanau Wine Trail: Visit some of the numerous wineries found throughout town, and bring a few locally produced bottles home with you.
You can find live music and a wide range of interesting speakers holding talks in Leland most nights of the week. However, the biggest festivals in town typically take place during the spring and summer months. Sample wine from local vineyards and food from some of the best chefs in Michigan at the Leland Food and Wine Festival in June, or watch the elaborate floats and costumes during the Fourth of July Parade in town. To get a true sense of the pride local residents take in their town, participate in the activities and parties offered during the Leland Heritage Celebration in September.
A vacation rental is the preferred option for those staying in Leland. Rent a beautiful condo close to Lake Michigan or a luxury apartment near some of the most popular dining options amongst the locals. You can even book a rustic cabin in one of the more remote parts of Leland.
If you have some extra time to explore the surrounding area, the historical sites of Traverse City and the big city attractions of Saginaw make for great day trips and can both be reached within less than two hours by car.