Featured Lindos Properties
Lindos is a beautiful village on Rhodes, the largest and most popular of Greece's twelve Dodecanese Islands located on the Aegean's eastern edge. Lindos' beautiful surroundings, intriguing medieval history, and modern offerings make for a diverse experience. The cobblestone streets and white-stucco houses offer exquisite views of the sea. The only modes of transportation in Lindos are motorbikes and donkeys, which give the area a truly unique, faraway feel. The beauty of Lindos gardens is spectacular and the Lindos palace is a sight to behold as well. The central part of the village features numerous restaurants where visitors can enjoy authentic Greek cuisine, featuring locally caught fresh fish. Entertainment and a buzzing nightlife make Lindos the complete package for a destination vacation. The energy of the city guarantees that those who enjoy heading out after sunset will not be disappointed. For outdoor enthusiasts, Lindos offers plenty of activities to enjoy including swimming, water skiing, and paragliding. Nature lovers will relish exploring the beach areas by the shoreline as well as hiking the mountains near the outskirts of town.
Some of the other sights you will not want to miss include:
- The Acropolis of Lindos: Head to this ancient acropolis for amazing views of the landscape.
- The Church of Panagia: Situated in the center of the village, this structure is easily identified by its stone bell tower. On the exterior, the church is a beautiful whitewashed building that features a domed, red tile roof. Inside, the floor showcases kouklaki, a black-and-white mosaic floor made of pebble. The 18th-century frescos, created in 1779 by Gregarios, are also a highlight.
- Faliraki Water Park: Located not far from Lindos on the outskirts of Faliraki, this water park is fun for all ages and is Europe's largest.
- Archaeological Museum of Rhodes: This museum is housed in the Hospital of the Kings, one of the most important buildings during the rule of the Knights.
- The Municipal Art Gallery of Rhodes: Located in Symmes Square, this beautiful structure is home to an impressive collection by several 20th-century Greek painters. The artists represented here include Fassianos, Maleo, Moralis, and Theophilos, among others.
- The Valley of the Butterflies: Situated near the village of Kalamonas, these lush surroundings consist of a small river, several small wooden bridges, numerous stepping stones, and an uphill path leading to the Virgin of Kalopetra monastery. It is a unique park that is home to thousands of multicolored butterflies that appear every year and is a breathtaking sight for all who see it.
Nothing beats experiencing the beauty of Lindos firsthand. Staying in a villa downtown, your vacation rental will put you in the center of all the action. You can also book a condo rental near the city's outskirts, which offers a number of amenities to make you feel right at home. Lindos weddings are a big draw for those couples headed down the aisle and a vacation rental is the perfect place to house family and friends traveling to Lindos for the event.