Featured Liverpool Properties
When most people think of Liverpool, the first thing that comes to mind is a hip, thriving British city and the historic home of the Beatles. Liverpool is certainly the ultimate vacation destination for Beatles fans, but it also offers charming neighborhoods, warm friendly hospitality, world class sport stadiums, great restaurants and museums, and a thriving energetic nightlife. Long before the Beatles, Liverpool was home to two historic cathedrals that drew European travelers from far and wide, and the riverfront taverns and theater venues here have always been popular with locals and visitors alike.
The best way to experience Liverpool is by staying in a vacation rental. A condo or beautiful downtown apartment can be the perfect place to wake up, watch the sun rise over the city, and then plan out the day's adventures at your own pace. Vacation rentals here are often more affordable than hotels and offer the luxury amenities you and your family need to relax in style. Spend the day exploring the shops, side streets, art galleries and museums, then come back to your home away from home and host dinner for your family and friends.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Visit the Beatles Museum: Liverpool is home to several important sites that document the rise of the Beatles, but the museum is definitely the place to start.
- Visit Mendips and Forthlin Road: The next two places to stop on your Beatles tour of Liverpool are Mendips, the historic home of John Lennon, and 20 Forthlin Road, the location of Paul McCartney's house.
- Stroll Albert Dock: This wharf and boardwalk area is the perfect place to stroll, shop, or stop for a pint.
- Explore the Merseyside Maritime Museum: See the excellent exhibits of this free museum by the Albert Docks and learn more about the seafaring history and culture of Merseyside.
- Visit the Knowsley Safari Park: Visit this fun drive through park and animal safari to see lions, rhinos, and baboons just eight miles from the city center.
- Have a picnic in Sefton Park: Rent a bicycle, pack a picnic lunch, and enjoy a sunny afternoon exploring the winding paths of Sefton Park.
Liverpool is the perfect destination for Beatles tours, family vacations, and fun getaways with friends. While you're visiting Liverpool, you may also want to consider visiting nearby destinations like London or Torquay.