Rentals Near Madrid Attractions
Featured Madrid Properties
The beautiful capital of Spain has so much to offer visitors that you'll never be able to take it all in within a single visit. From the sprawling columns of the Royal Palace to the inviting depths of the impressive Plaza Mayor, every corner of the city drips with beauty, opulence and history. Madrid also yields many rewards to travelers who venture into its colorful and lively neighborhoods, with endless hidden treasures just waiting to be discovered.
The most popular attractions in the city include:
- Palacio Real: The city's Royal Palace is a must-see for any first-time visitor to the city, and if you've seen it before, chances are you'll want to see it again.
- Golden Museum Triangle: This famous district of the city includes the celebrated Prado Madrid museum, the Reina Sofia National Museum and Art Center, as well as the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum of Art. If you want to attend a Madrid opera, check the schedule at the Teatro Real, or Royal Theater.
- Plaza Mayor: Adorned with a statue of Felipe III, this wide and impressive square is one of the city's liveliest places. From here, you can venture into the Mercado San Miguel to shop for fresh local food.
- Gran Via: The Gran Via is the city's main street, running through the heart of Madrid. Simply start at one end and work your way to the other; you'll have plenty to feast your eyes on along the way. If you want to go to a Madrid spa, you're sure to find on the Gran Via.
- Puerta del Sol: This busy square teems with activity day and night, and the surrounding neighborhood is filled with cafes, bars, and restaurants.
If you want to venture beyond Madrid, camping and nature excursions can be enjoyed in the Castilian plateau which surrounds the city.
No matter what part of the city you're staying in, a vacation rental makes a smart and comfortable alternative to a hotel. Fully furnished holiday apartments are available throughout the city at very competitive prices, allowing you to enjoy all the amenities of home while you're on holiday in Spain.
If you want to do more exploring in the Iberian Peninsula, spend a day at Aranjuez or Alcala de Henares, two UNESCO World Heritage Sites that are easy day trips from the Spanish capital.