Featured Manzanillo Properties
1 / 14
3 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 7
- Min stay varies
1 / 29
2 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 6
- 5 night min
Manzanillo is a bustling port city on Mexico's western coast and a destination point for travelers from all over the world. Manzanillo's endless stretches of pristine sugary beach make it an excellent traditional vacation area, but there are a few aspects of the area that set it apart from other cities in the Mexican Riviera, including excellent deep sea fishing opportunities and a famous sunken cargo ship that's been a mecca for wreck divers since 1959. Manzanillo is also an unusually easy place to see the rare green flash phenomenon associated with sunsets. For all of these reasons and many others, Manzanillo has become a popular port of call for cruise ships, and has experienced a corresponding rise in elegant world-class restaurants and spas. Visit Manzanillo for luxury and relaxation, or come here to explore, have adventures, and make memories.
Here are a few additional suggestions of things to do in Manzanillo:
- Take a jungle tour: An ATV can take you take you through terrain that would be impassable on foot, and a zipline can be a thrilling way to experience the forest canopy at high speed.
- See the ecosystems along the coast: An eco-tour by boat can provide close encounters with sea turtles, iguanas and other coastal wildlife and native plants. Take a charter tour or rent a sea kayak and explore on your own.
- Go horseback riding: Gallop along the beach on horseback or explore the jungle on a guided trail ride.
- Go scuba diving or snorkeling: Explore the dazzling variety of marine life that occupies the coral reef habitat close to the coastline, including colorful fish, sea turtles, and sponges.
- Play on the beach: While you are in Manzanillo, take a chartered fishing trip, spend the day surfing, parasailing, or simply sunbathing. Barra de Navidad and Playa La Audiencia are both very popular beaches.
- Enjoy the night life: After the sun goes down, sample the bars and seafood restaurants around Zocalo, Manzanillo's 19th century town square.
Manzanillo is beautiful during all four seasons of the year, and no matter when you plan your trip here, you won't have any trouble finding a place to stay. Look for an elegant and affordable vacation rental close to Zocalo for easy access to the culture and bustle of the downtown area. If you'd rather find something a little more secluded, reserve a romantic beach condo or terraced villa with views of the Pacific Ocean.