- Melbourne CBD View all rentals (315)
- Southbank View all rentals (110)
- Docklands View all rentals (95)
- St. Kilda View all rentals (146)
- Carlton View all rentals (56)
- Port Melbourne View all rentals (98)
- South Yarra View all rentals (73)
- South Melbourne View all rentals (121)
- Fitzroy View all rentals (58)
- Albert Park View all rentals (51)
- Richmond View all rentals (25)
- North Melbourne View all rentals (57)
- Collingwood View all rentals (9)
- Elwood View all rentals (15)
Rentals Near Melbourne Attractions
Featured Melbourne Properties
1 / 16
2 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 4
- 3 night min
Located along the southern Australian coastline, Melbourne is one of the most important cultural hubs of the continent. This port city played a central role in the early European establishment of punitive colonies in Australia, as Melbourne's museums and historic sites can attest. The city is also known for its uniquely Australian cosmopolitan flair. After spending the day playing on Melbourne's emerald green golf courses or relaxing in its elegant spas, sample some creative culinary masterpieces in the city's world-class restaurants. While you are in Melbourne, be sure to take advantage of some of Australia's most extraordinary natural beauty. The diverse plant, animal, and marine life of Melbourne can offer endless exploration opportunities for those who are interested in hiking and scuba diving.
Here are a few additional suggestions of things to do in Melbourne:
- Take a culinary and winery tour: Tour the rolling vineyard country of the Yarra Valley and Mornington Peninsula. Along the way, sample the creations of some of Melbourne's finest restaurants.
- Travel the Great Ocean Road: Take a scenic drive along the famous road overlooking part of the Great Barrier Reef. If you have time some extra time, take a guided tour along this stretch of road and learn more about Melbourne's cultural history and wildlife, including its famous penguins.
- Explore the Queen Victoria Market: This has been called the largest outdoor market in the Southern hemisphere. Stroll among the busy stalls and see the local culture of the city.
- See the Melbourne Cricket Grounds: This is a famous draw for sports enthusiasts, especially cricket fans.
- Visit the Melbourne Zoo: Hundreds of species of animals are housed here, including some of the rare and elusive Australian wildlife you may not be able to see as you explore on your own.
- Experience St. Kilda Beach: Enjoy swimming and sunbathing on the beach, and then visit some of the amusement parks, markets, and night life attractions close by.
No matter when you arrive in Melbourne, the weather will likely be beautiful and the beaches uncrowded. It's surprisingly easy to find a vacation rental here, no matter where you plan to stay in or around the city. Find a condo or trendy apartment in the heart of the downtown area, or book an elegant summer house closer to the beach.