Featured Mexico Beach Properties
1 / 26
Mexico Beach house
3 BR / 3 BA / Sleeps 8
Mexico Beach house
- Min stay varies
About Mexico Beach
With an average yearly temperature of 81 degrees Fahrenheit, there's never a bad time to visit the city of Mexico Beach, FL. The amazing beaches, abundance of recreational areas and outdoor activities, and great historical and cultural landmarks mean that there's something for everyone in this charming getaway spot. Almost all of the main attractions and shopping options in the area will be found along Highway 98, while North 15th Street is home to some of the best restaurants in town.
While you're in Mexico Beach, be sure to make time for these must-see attractions and destinations:
- Go Diving: Over 200 reefs have been built that provide great viewing of the fish and marine wildlife.
- Charter a Boat: There are several businesses in Mexico Beach and nearby Port Saint Joe that will let you charter a boat for the day and rent fishing supplies if needed.
- Play Golf: Two world-class golf courses provide varying levels of difficulty that will satisfy everyone from beginners to more advanced players.
- Crooked River Lighthouse: Standing 103 feet tall, this lighthouse provides great insight into the history of the Gulf Coast's waters and is currently listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Go to the Beach: Enjoy the many water activities in the area including swimming and surfing, or just spend some time enjoying the rays.
The perfect weather year-round means that it's always a good time for a party, as evidenced by the array of events and festivals in Mexico Beach and the nearby areas. The biggest event in town is the Mexico Beach Art and Wine Festival, held every October, where over 30 artists across the country display their latest works of art. Oktoberfest, also held in October, transforms nearby Panama City into a German style village as over 25,000 visitors cram the town for this outdoor party.
Luckily, no matter what time of year you plan to visit, you'll have no trouble finding a vacation rental in Mexico Beach. Whether you're looking for a condo just steps from the ocean and all the water activities in Mexico Beach, or a luxury villa near some of the best fine dining and shopping in the state, there's a vacation rental available to help you get the most out of your time in the area.
There's plenty to enjoy in Mexico Beach itself, but you can also use the area as a base to explore the many options that Northwest Florida has to offer. Tallahassee and Pensacola, the biggest cities in the region, can both be accessed within 45 minutes by car.