Featured Mississippi Properties
1 / 28
4 BR / 4 BA / Sleeps 10
- 3 night min
1 / 55
Long Beach cottage
3 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 5
Long Beach cottage
- Min stay varies
Come to Mississippi for the incredible historic landmarks, outstanding musical tradition, and charming southern hospitality.
Check out the blues music scene in Clarksdale, the casinos and shops throughout Tunica, or the big-city attractions in Jackson. You're bound to have a great time anywhere you explore in this state.
Here are just a few of the must-see attractions and destinations throughout Mississippi:
- Civil War Park: Located in Vicksburg, the Cairo battleship exhibit is one of the most popular museum attractions anywhere in the state.
- Natchez Trace Parkway: Starting in Natchez and going all the way into Nashville, the parkway makes for a great afternoon drive, filled with beautiful local scenery.
- Try the local cuisine: From country-fried steak to pulled pork sandwiches with cornbread, southern cooking in Mississippi is flavorful and delicious.
- Blues Museum: Head to Clarksdale for this museum that honors Mississippi's legendary Blues tradition.
- Enjoy the Outdoors: From fishing and camping, to hiking and water sports, there is no shortage of outdoor activities in Mississippi.
- Go to the Casinos: Catch a big-name performance while you hit the tables at one of the casinos in Biloxi, Gulfport, or Tunica.
Tradition is very important to many people here, and as a result the events and festivals throughout the state often celebrate its rich history and heritage. Appreciate the music of blues icon B.B. King at the B.B. King Homecoming Festival in the city of Indianola every June, head to Natchez for the races and music at the Great Mississippi River Balloon Races every October, or watch some of the best ballet performers in the world in Jackson every April at the International Ballet Competition.
No matter what time of year you visit, there's no shortage of vacation rentals to be found in this great state. Choose from rustic cabins in the rural towns in Mississippi's wilderness and sprawling condos and apartments in the major cities such as Jackson.
Don't let the size of the state fool you. Mississippi has plenty of local bus lines that are not only quick, but also offer direct routes to just about to anywhere within the state. Visit the biggest zoo in the state in Hattiesburg, the historical attractions of Vicksburg, or the scenic hiking trails found throughout Tupelo.