Featured Moultonborough Properties
1 / 20
2 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 9
- Min stay varies
3 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 8Details
- 7 night min
Nestled between some of New England's most beautiful mountain lakes and woodlands, Moultonborough, NH is ideal for outdoor enthusiasts and family vacationers alike. The White Mountains become your backyard while staying in your own vacation home. Spend your mornings exploring the vast woods and meandering down paths to the lake, then swim, sail, kayak, or relax along its shores. With a full kitchen, spend your evenings grilling on your vacation rental's back porch, then roast s'mores with family and friends under a starry northern sky. While you are here, look for true wilderness habitation, including a wide array of wildlife and vegetation. Try to absorb all of the surrounding mountains' beauty, including the White Mountains, Mount Shaw, and Bald Knob.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your visit:
- Spend a day at Castle in the Clouds: This beautiful, turn of the century estate is situated on 5,500 emerald green acres. The castle boasts a 360-degree view of Lake Winnipesaukee and the surrounding mountains, with forty-five miles of trails, perfect for biking, hiking, and picnicking.
- Visit the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center: Located in Holderness, NH which is just 10 miles from Moultonborough, this museum introduces visitors to New Hampshire's natural world through animal exhibits and science education programs.
- Go bird watching and wildlife spotting: Enjoy all of Moultonborough's abundant wildlife while strolling through vast open meadows and forests. See black bears, mountain lions, raptors, river otters, bobcats, and more.
- Play golf: Bald Peak Colony and the Riverwood Country Club are both champion caliber courses that draw serious golfers to the area from all over the state.
- Rent a boat: Rent a canoe and paddle quietly along the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee as the sun rises, or bring your water skis and fly across the water at high speed.
- Visit the Loon Center: Funded and maintained by the Loon Preservation Society, this educational center and nature preserve strives to educate visitors about one of New Hampshire's most beautiful and fragile native species.
The best way to experience the tranquility and charm of Moultonborough is by staying in a summer cottage or winter cabin on the waterfront of Lake Winnipesaukee. The perfect vacation rental can welcome you home at the end of the day and allow you to relax in style with your family and friends. While you're exploring Moultonborough, schedule some time to visit nearby New Hampshire vacation destinations like Meredith or Conway.