Featured Murphy Properties
Nestled in the heart of the Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina, Murphy is an excellent starting point for adventures in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The park encompasses an endless stretch of the misty mountain range that runs through the Carolinas and Tennessee, and travelers come here from all over the world every year for wildlife spotting, bird watching, rock climbing and mountain biking opportunities.
Explore beautiful overlooks and waterfall sites here like Benton Falls. Visit historic areas that document the important events of the Revolutionary and Civil Wars, and explore the museums and shopping areas around Murphy's quaint downtown.
After a day or two of exploring, play a few rounds of golf on North Carolina's pristine courses, or spend an afternoon relaxing in a luxury spa. Murphy offers plenty of fun activities for every member of the family.
Here are a few suggestions of things to do while in Murphy:
- Hike the trails: Hike up to Clingman's Dome, the highest point in Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Visit the Cherokee County History and Arts Museum: This museum is housed in the historic Central School building, built on the site of the 1812 mustering ground for the South Carolina Militia. Explore the museum's extensive exhibits of painting, sculpture, cinema and Revolutionary War history.
- Go mountain biking: Some of the mountain biking trails in the Great Smoky Mountains are considered the most beautiful and challenging trails in the country.
- Go horseback riding: This is a quiet and authentic way to explore the hidden trails and back roads in and around the National Park.
- Visit Cades Cove: Settlers first acquired this land from Cherokee Native Americans in 1820. Now many of the early homes built by these pioneers have been historically preserved and remain standing.
- Drive the Cherohala Skyway: This famous scenic byway winds through Cherokee and the Nantahala Forests, connecting the Tellico Plains to Robbinsville.
It's never difficult to find the perfect vacation rental in or around Murphy. If you schedule your trip during the winter, rent a cozy cabin in the mountains and explore the trails on snowshoes or cross county skis. If you arrive during the height of the summer, you may want to find a trendy apartment or luxury condo downtown where you can take advantage of Murphy's shopping and nightlife. No matter what you're looking for, you'll easily find a vacation home that offers everything you and your family need.