Featured Napa Properties
Situated in the heart of California Wine Country, Napa is known for its breathtaking beauty and indelible mark on the wine industry. Visitors flock to this region to experience all of the amazing vintages, food, and gourmet shopping. The town is also renowned for its historical significance since it was originally a staging site for the California Gold Rush back in the 1850s. The downtown area now glitters with great shops, restaurants, spas, and nightlife venues. Visitors can enjoy several recreational activities as well, including biking, golfing, and canoeing. Cultural activities include numerous art galleries, theater, music and, of course, wine making!
Here are just some of the many attractions you will find in Napa:
- Ballooning: See the breathtaking landscape of Napa Valley with an aerial view! This exhilarating experience can be enjoyed during sunrise or midday, and some carriers even provide a post-flight champagne breakfast.
- Napa Valley Wine Train: If taking a flight is not your fancy, view the sights of Napa Valley by train. The three-hour adventure includes a gourmet lunch, and of course, plenty of wine.
- Napa Premium Outlets: If shopping is your thing, you will appreciate all of the bargains to be had here. There are 50 stores ranging from shoes and clothing to accessories and luggage.
- Oxbow Public Market: Located in downtown Napa, this is the place to go for local foods, wines, arts and crafts.
- Napa Valley Museum: Situated in Yountville on the grounds of the Veterans Home, this museum is designed to promote the environmental and cultural history of the region.
- The Napa Valley Opera House: Situated downtown, this non-profit performing arts organization is a national historic landmark that hosts theater, dance, comedy, jazz, blues, and more.
When you are ready to wind down after a long day of sightseeing, there are several places to consider settling into: a villa situated on a vineyard, a condo downtown, or a luxury home that features expansive views of the valley. No matter what you choose, every vacation rental is surrounded by the cinematic beauty of the region.
The ideal time to see this city in all its glory is harvest time, which generally takes place late summer into fall between August and October. However, there is something for everyone no matter what season you stay here. Some of the exciting annual events that take place include Auction Napa Valley in June, Wine Country Film Festival during July and August, and Napa Wine and Crafts Fair in September. If you want to venture out on a couple of day trips, check out the neighboring towns of Sonoma and Yountville.