Featured Newport Properties
1 / 10
2 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 6
- 3 night min
2 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 6Details
- Min stay varies
Home to sprawling mansions, a variety of large cultural festivals, and some of the most picturesque scenery in New England, the Rhode Island town of Newport has it all! Hit the shops at one of the upscale boutiques on Bellevue Avenue, take in a live performance at a theater on Touro Street, or head to Long Wharf for unbelievable sunset views of the harbor and nearby towns. There's no shortage of things to see and do in Newport.
Here are just some of the main attractions and activities in Newport:
- Go Boating: There are plenty of local companies that offer leisure boat tours of Newport Harbor and the surrounding areas.
- Go to the Beach: Being a New England summer destination means that there are endless beaches in the area to spend the day. Bailey's Beach and Easton Beach are two of the most popular options.
- Visit the Mansions: Many of the town's historic mansions are open to the public and offer free tours.
- Cliff Walk: Just under four miles in length, the public walkway gives visitors an opportunity to see local wildlife up close and provides some of the most beautiful views in New England.
- Fort Adams: This fort is the largest coastal fortress in the United States and is also the host of many of the big events held in Newport throughout the year.
- International Tennis Hall of Fame: Tour the museum that celebrates the history of tennis, rent court time on some of the oldest grass courts in the country, or gamble at the casino that's part of the facility.
You can listen to local bands or spoken word performances most nights of the week in Newport. However, most of the bigger festivals in New England are held during the summer months. Watch some of the world's biggest jazz musicians perform live at the Newport Jazz Festival in August, celebrate Newport's proud Irish history at the Newport Waterfront Irish Festival in September, or watch some of the best tennis players in the world compete at the Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Classic in July.
There's a vacation rental available in Newport that has everything you need for a perfect getaway. Rent a waterfront condo just steps from the beaches or a luxury home near the downtown area. Rhode Island is the smallest state in the US and is so compact that you can reach anywhere in the state within 30 minutes. If you have some extra time, explore the campuses and art galleries of Providence, or the amazing dining options throughout East Greenwich.