Featured Oak Island Properties
1 / 16
Oak Island house
3 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 7
Oak Island house
- Min stay varies
About Oak Island
A quiet respite along the southern edges of North Carolina's famous coast, Oak Island is a tree-lined sanctuary that houses the towns of Oak Island and Caswell Beach. Part of the North Carolina Coastal Plain region, Oak Island is a leisurely and scenic area highlighted by a 10-mile stretch of pristine beach and some of the best golfing and fishing sites in the southern United States.
Beyond relaxing on the beach, the towns of Oak Island and Caswell Beach have a wide range of unique attractions and activities to offer visitors, including:
- Silver Coast Winery: More and more attention is being paid to North Carolina as a wine region, and the area's Silver Coast Winery is considered by many to be the finest for miles around.
- Hit the fairway: Both Oak Island and Caswell Beach are home to picturesque 18-hole golf courses, which are suitable for players of all skill levels.
- Go fish: Fishing is a popular leisure activity on Oak Island, and you can fish from the pier or get adventurous by going surf fishing or deep-sea fishing. If you're in the area during the fall, you can take part in the annual Oak Island King Mackerel fishing tournament, typically held in October.
- Oak Island Nature Center: A perfect way to slip some educational activity into a family vacation, the Oak Island Nature Center is home to an exciting array of local wildlife, including sugar gliders, flying squirrels and a lively, colorful collection of birds.
- Old Brunswick Town: A colonial fort predating the American Revolution, Old Brunswick Town was the site of the Stamp Act Rebellion and has been preserved as a historic landmark.
For accommodations, why not consider a vacation rental on the beach instead of a regular hotel? Oak Island is home to luxurious condos and oceanfront houses, which are available to rent for visitors who want all the comforts of home and some added privacy and seclusion during their stays. To take in as much of the local flavor as possible, rent a car to explore Oak Island and neighboring attractions in North Carolina. The celebrated coastal town of Southport is only a short drive away, and colonial Wilmington is also within easy driving distance.