Featured Ocho Rios Properties
About Ocho Rios
Referred to as Ochi among the locals, Ocho Rios has transformed itself from a local fishing village into one of the most popular destinations in Jamaica. With beautiful villas spread out along the coast and an abundance of fun bars and restaurants, this is the perfect place to vacation and use as a base to explore the rest of the island.
Be sure to check out some of these must-see destinations in Ocho Rios:
- St. Ann Polo Club: With a small but highly devoted following, this club holds polo matches every Saturday.
- Drax Hall Estate: This estate is an 800 acre tourism and residential development center that includes a marina and golf course, among other attractions.
- Dunns River: This river is the premiere attraction on the island and is visited by over a million people each year.
- Harmony Hall: Formerly a pimento plantation, Harmony Hall now features the works of some of the top artists in Jamaica.
- Prospect Plantation: This plantation, the largest in the area, offers spectacular views and is also home to a local school and chapel.
Although Ocho Rios only has two primary events held throughout the year, they are regarded as some of the best festivals held in the Caribbean. The Ocho Rios Jazz Festival, held in mid-June, features acts from all over the world and has earned the reputation of being the best mainstream jazz festival in the Caribbean. The Ocho Rios Seafood Festival, held in early August, showcases some of the best local cuisine in the area and also has performances from local musicians.
Whether you are seeking a condo or villa rental by the ocean, or a home with luxury amenities, there's a vacation rental available for whenever you're thinking of visiting Ocho Rios that will suit your needs.