Featured Orleans Properties
1 / 28
3 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 6
- Min stay varies
Known for its whaling and fishing heritage, Cape Cod is a beautiful coastal stretch of grassy dunes, marshland, quaint villages, rocky promontories, and refuge areas for migratory birds, seals, and other wildlife. The area around Orleans offers many attractions for visitors, even during the heart of the New England winter. The romance and history of this place rival its appeal as a beachy family vacation destination. With its museums, historical sites, world-class seafood restaurants, and charming shopping districts, Cape Cod offers everything you're looking for in a vacation. While you are here, tour the restored lighthouses, explore the bird refuges and national parks, relax in a spa, go tidepooling, build a sandcastle, and read a paperback on the beach.
Here are a few additional suggestions of things to do in the area:
- Take a whale watching tour: Experience a close encounter with marine animals in their natural habitat. Many of the best dolphin and whale watching excursions leave from the harbor in Provincetown.
- Visit Young's Fish Market: Located in the heart of Orleans, Young's Fish Market offers some of the best and freshest seafood you'll find anywhere in the country.
- Explore the Cape Cod Rail Trail: Hike, bike, and stop to enjoy the delicious restaurants along the 25 mile Cape Cod railroad turned hiking trail between Dennis and Wellfleet.
- Take an evening boat tour: Watch the sunset from the deck of the Schooner Bay Lady II, or rent a boat from Provincetown harbor and be your own tour guide.
- Explore the museums and gardens of Sandwich: Visit the art and history museums or stroll the 70 acres of beautiful gardens at the Heritage Park in Sandwich.
- See a live music performance at the Cape Cod Melody Tent in Hyannis: This venue is a wonderfully intimate way to experience live music during the summer.
Plan your family reunion in Orleans or come here for a secluded romantic getaway. No matter what time of year you intend to arrive in Orleans, you'll easily be able to find a vacation rental that meets your needs. Reserve a beach house on the coast with views of the Atlantic Ocean, or find a stylish condo or apartment close to Cape Cod Bay.