- Lake Harmony View all rentals (70)
- Albrightsville View all rentals (31)
- Tannersville View all rentals (24)
- East Stroudsburg View all rentals (17)
- Lake Ariel View all rentals (6)
- Bushkill View all rentals (66)
- Pocono Lake View all rentals (339)
- Tobyhanna View all rentals (15)
- Long Pond View all rentals (11)
- Shawnee on Delaware View all rentals (57)
- Jim Thorpe View all rentals (87)
- Pocono Pines View all rentals (18)
- Mount Pocono View all rentals (133)
- Blakeslee View all rentals (8)
- Gouldsboro View all rentals (3)
Rentals Near Poconos Attractions
Featured Poconos Properties
1 / 25
Lake Harmony house
5 BR / 3 BA / Sleeps 16
Lake Harmony house
- Min stay varies
During the height of the industrial revolution, millionaires would often flee the bustle of New York and Philadelphia during the summer and escape to the Pocono Mountains. Some of them built extravagant second manor homes here while others built cozy cabins hidden in the woods with access to great hunting and fishing. Before long, the rest of the world found out about the secluded beauty of these rolling mountains. Despite its proximity to two of the largest metropolitan areas in the United States, the Pocono Mountains have long remained a surprisingly well-kept secret. Even now, the area provides enough expansive wilderness to offer a comfortable home to bears, deer and even elk. In the Poconos, a hiker can feel like the first person to discover a cascading waterfall surrounded by little or no marked trails. And yet, New York City lies less than an hour away by car.
Here are a few suggestions of things to do in the Poconos:
- Take an Agrotour: Agricultural tourism is increasing in popularity. Farmers and cultural organizations in the Poconos are now arranging guided excursions that allow visitors access to working farms, orchards, and vineyards.
- Take a culinary and winery tour: Once you've discovered what goes into the process of planting and harvesting, experience the fruits of these labors by sampling wine from local producers and cuisine created by world class local chefs.
- Visit historic downtown Stroudsburg: This is just one of the quaint downtown shopping, dining, and cultural districts here in the mountains of Pennsylvania. Come here for live music, art galleries, and quirky museums.
- Skiing and snowboarding: The Poconos are known for some of the best skiing and winter sports in the state.
- Enjoy the night life: There's a unique character to the nightlife in the Poconos. Equally influenced by unpretentious Irish pubs and transplants from the hippest scenes in New York City, restaurants and bars here offer a warm, intense hospitality and some culinary experiences you won't soon forget.
- Relax in the spa: Before the ski slopes took center stage, the Poconos had a reputation for isolation, tranquility, and world-class spa experiences. Now it's known for other things, but the spa culture here is still amazing.
The Poconos are a popular travel destination during the peak of the summer and winter, but every season of the year has something beautiful to offer, and finding a vacation rental is always easy. Look for a cozy winter cabin during ski season or lake house for the summer!