Featured Portofino Properties
1 / 17
2 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 6
- Min stay varies
The state of Liguria along the Italian Riviera is home to several breathtaking secluded coastal hideaways, but none more beautiful than the town of Portofino. A small village turned world-class vacation destination, Portofino is often overlooked by travelers headed to larger metropolitan areas like Milan and Rome. Don't miss the colorful side streets, busy markets, and energetic nightlife along the coast. The inland trails and nature preserves are perfect for those who love outdoor activities like hiking and want to go camping in Portofino for a night or two.
For your stay in Portofino, book an affordable vacation rental instead of a cramped hotel room. In the morning, watch the sun rise over the ocean from your rental's private balcony, then head downtown and explore the shops, museums, and historic churches in the city center. Play on the beach or spend the afternoon relaxing in a Portofino spa. After the sun goes down, check out the authentic restaurants and night spots along the coast for world class Italian cuisine or retreat to your home away from home and host dinner for your family and friends.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Visit the Church of San Gregorio: Experience the peaceful atmosphere, stunning interior, and historic architecture of this restored local church.
- Take an Italian cooking class: After you sample the authentic dishes of this region, you will probably want to take a course and learn how to bring these flavors home with you.
- Hike the trails: Hike the inland trails along the coast or rent a bicycle in town, pack a picnic lunch and a bottle of wine, and go exploring.
- Play on the beach: Go windsurfing, swimming, sailing, or just bring your sunglasses and a good book for some relaxation in the sun.
- Go on a culinary and winery tour: Guided tours are available that can take you through beautiful Italian vineyards to sample the best regional vintages.
- Indulge in a Portofino spa: The Portofino spa experience is legendary. Indulge in a few hours of head-to-toe pampering with a seaweed wrap or hot rock massage.
It's easy to find a vacation rental in Portofino during any season of the year, and rental options here are often less expensive than hotels. Find a vacation rental that offers everything you and your family need, then relax, unwind, and start making fun vacation memories. While you're visiting Portofino, consider exploring other destinations in Italy like Venice or Florence.