Featured Puerto Plata Properties
About Puerto Plata
Come to Puerto Plata, on the coast of the Dominican Republic, for an unforgettable vacation that showcases the best of this warm hearted country in the Caribbean. No matter what kind of vacation adventure you're looking for, you'll find it in Puerto Plata. This is an area of breathtaking natural beauty that extends from the soft white sand of Cabarete Beach all the way to the inland mountains and waterfalls of the Dominican Republic's many national parks. Come here to experience emerald green golf courses, busy colorful markets, museums, waterparks, and the intoxicating rhythm and energy of Puerto Plata nightlife.
Get the most out of your stay in Puerto Plata with a vacation rental of your own. A downtown apartment or an elegant villa by the ocean can be less expensive than a hotel, and can offer the space and luxury amenities you need to relax, store your things, and host your family and friends in style. Wake up in your vacation rental or Puerto Plata beach condo and enjoy a cup of coffee on your balcony as the sun rises over the blue waters of the Caribbean. Then spend the morning on the beach where you can go swimming, snorkeling, sailing, or just relax on the sand. Later, stroll the downtown area or visit Ocean World. Puerto Plata will keep you busy with fun things to do all day and into the evening. After the sun sets, enjoy the world class dining and live music of the Puerto Plata nightlife.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Visit the Damajaqua Cascades: This group of 27 breathtaking waterfalls lies about 25 miles from Puerto Plata and down a short hiking trail.
- Visit Ocean World: Puerto Plata is home to Ocean World Adventure Park Marina and Casino, a famous attraction that features an aquarium-zoo where visitors can have close encounters with dolphins, sharks, birds, tigers, and sea lions.
-Go horseback riding: Ranches in Puerto Plata offer guided trail rides, lessons, and the opportunity to gallop along the beach at sunset.
- Play on the beach: Cabarete Beach, Cofresi Beach, Golden Beach and Paradise Island are all very popular beaches along the coast near Puerto Plata.
- Visit Mount Isabel De Torres: Take a cable car ride to the pinnacle and enjoy gardens and sculptures surrounded by unforgettable views of the ocean and mountains.
- Go scuba diving: The reef and wreck ecosystems off the coast of Puerto Plata are teeming with a bewildering diversity of marine life including sea turtles.
You'll make vacation memories no matter what you decide to do on your visit to Puerto Plata. And you'll have no trouble finding the perfect vacation rental that lies within easy reach of your favorite activities. A condo or villa just a few steps away from the beach can be the perfect place to relax, reconnect, and plan the day's adventures. While you're visiting Puerto Plata, consider side trips to nearby destinations like Punta Cana and Dominica as well.