- Punta Gorda Isles View all rentals (10)
- Burnt Store Marina View all rentals (9)
- Deep Creek View all rentals (6)
- Historic District View all rentals (5)
Rentals Near Punta Gorda Attractions
Featured Punta Gorda Properties
About Punta Gorda
Punta Gorda is an area teeming with natural beauty on Florida's southern Gulf Coast. Like many of the popular beach destinations on the southern coast, Punta Gorda offers long, pristine stretches of soft white sand, blue waves, and a busy boardwalk culture of thriving shops and fun attractions. There are plenty of places here to stroll, meet friends, and enjoy an ice cream cone before exploring miles of boutiques, art galleries, golf courses, and spas. Punta Gorda is also known for its preserved coastal areas and beautiful wildlife refuges. This is a nature lover's paradise with endless opportunities for bird watching, hiking, and wildlife spotting.
The best way to get the most out of your vacation to Punta Gorda is by staying in a vacation rental of your own. Vacation rental opportunities can be found within reach of any of your favorite activities and they're usually less expensive and offer more space and amenities than hotels. In Punta Gorda, find a beautiful coastal villa or vacation home on a secluded stretch of beach and watch the sun rise each morning from your own private balcony. Then spend the day exploring, hiking, biking, boating, or strolling the downtown area of Fisherman's Village.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Visit the Muscle Car Museum: This popular Punta Gorda car museum is an institution here. Its exhibits are a hit with children and auto enthusiasts.
- Experience Punta Gorda sailing: Charter a sailing adventure or take a private lesson at any of Punta Gorda's local sailing schools.
- Visit the Octagon Sanctuary and Wildlife Center: This wildlife sanctuary emphasizes the rehabilitation and release of injured wild animals, and also offers tours and educational programs.
- Go deep sea fishing: Join a charter excursion to pursue tarpaulin, marlin, and swordfish in the deep waters of the Gulf.
- Take an eco-tour: Take a guided tour through the Fred C. Babcock- Cecil M. Webb Wildlife Management Area for close encounters with rare wading birds and inland wildlife. This area is also an excellent place to go hiking and bike riding.
- Visit the Peace River Wildlife Center and Ponce De Leon Park: This is another lovely wildlife refuge area with well-maintained walking trails and a rehabilitation center.
The tranquility and natural beauty of Punta Gorda make it a wonderful place to escape from everyday life and relax. After a long day of sun, sand and exploration, come home to your condo and host a barbeque and beach campfire for your family and friends. While you're in Punta Gorda, don't miss the chance to visit nearby destinations like Wellington and Captiva Island.