Featured Raleigh Properties
1 / 48
3 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 6
- Min stay varies
In the 21st century, this metropolitan area has repeatedly won awards as a top rated place to live, a hot spot for independent theater, and a vacation destination for families with children. During the day, make your way along the Raleigh Heritage trail to learn more about the city's history. At night, sample the best of North Carolina cuisine at award winning restaurants in the city center. With the energy of a big city and the accessibility of a small town, Raleigh can provide anything you need for the perfect vacation, all within reach of your downtown condo or apartment rental. With its concerts, touring Broadway shows, professional sporting events, and world-class shopping in nine major retail areas, Raleigh will keep you busy no matter the length of your visit.
Here are a few suggestions of things to do in Raleigh:
- Historic Oakwood: Stroll through this elegant Victorian neighborhood with its distinguished homes and graveyard of famous names.
- The State Capitol: Many government buildings in Raleigh are open to the public and each has a story to tell. Take a tour and hear ghost stories, discover hidden rooms, and learn about the proud history of the state of North Carolina.
- Walk the Raleigh Heritage Trail: Spend a day journeying through the past with visits to Raleigh's most important historic sites. Stops on the heritage trail include the African American Cultural Complex, the Haywood Hall House and Gardens, Yates Mill County Park, and the Joel Lane Museum House.
- Art galleries: Raleigh has a vibrant arts scene, so check out any of the many downtown galleries.
- Entertainment for children: The Marbles Kids Museum, the Wachovia IMAX Theater, and the Raleigh Nature Park are just a few of the many places to spend the day with children in this famously family-friendly city.
- Sports fans: Take your favorite sports fan to a professional baseball game at the Carolina Mudcats ball park, or spend the afternoon on one of Raleigh's beautiful green golf courses.
No matter what time of year you schedule your visit to Raleigh, you'll find plenty of beautiful and affordable places to stay. Rent an apartment downtown with a view overlooking one of Raleigh's many green areas and public parks, or find a condo within walking distance of the shopping district. The relaxed style and old world charm of Raleigh's beautiful historic city center will be sure to leave a lasting impression. Even as you pack to leave, you may already be planning your next visit.