Featured Rangeley Properties
Known for its sparkling mountain lakes and great skiing, Rangeley, ME is the perfect northern escape. With your vacation home nestled along the shores of Saddleback Lake, walk just minutes to the water and choose from an array of outdoor recreational activities. Spend your mornings swimming, kayaking, sailing, or sunning along the shore, then retreat back to your vacation rental for an afternoon barbeque. Visiting Rangeley in the winter months? Spend a day at Saddleback Mountain, perfect for skiers and snowboarders of all levels. Or, learn about Rangeley's local history while visiting museums and galleries that feature exhibits with traditional art, as well as artifacts of Maine's logging and wilderness traditions.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Experience the view from Height of Land: This striking overview is situated between Rangeley and Mooselookmeguntic Lake. From here, travelers can see panoramic westerly views of hundreds of miles of sparkling lakes, beautiful foliage, and the striking White Mountains of New Hampshire.
- Visit the Rangeley Lake Region Logging Museum: This specialty museum consists of hundreds of artifacts from regional logging operations and offers outdoor exhibits that highlight Maine's original identity as a logging state.
- Experience Rangeley Lake fishing: Like Rangeley's camping and hiking, fishing opportunities here are legendary. Head out onto the lake in a private boat, or take a guided trip up the lake's rivers and waterways for world class fly-fishing.
- Rent a boat: Watch the sun rise from a canoe or go waterskiing on Rangeley Lake, Kennebago Lake or Mooselookmeguntic Lake.
- Go horseback riding in Coos Canyon: Several private stables near the canyon trails offer lessons for first time riders and guided rides into the wilderness.
- Relax in the spa: After a few days of hiking, mountain biking and exploring the Maine wilderness, spend an afternoon in total relaxation at a luxury spa.
The perfect way to experience a summer or winter vacation in the heart of Maine is by staying in your own private vacation rental. Find an idyllic cabin beside a tranquil lake with all the luxury amenities you need. Invite your family and friends for an evening barbeque or a weeklong wilderness getaway. While you're visiting New England, you may want to schedule some time to explore other nearby Maine destinations like Greenville or Camden.