Region of Murcia
- Murcia View all rentals (644)
- Los Alcazares View all rentals (231)
- Alhama de Murcia View all rentals (70)
- Mazarron View all rentals (219)
- La Manga del Mar Menor View all rentals (73)
- Puerto de Mazarron View all rentals (125)
- Mar de Cristal View all rentals (64)
- Sucina View all rentals (46)
- Roldan View all rentals (25)
- Torre-Pacheco View all rentals (18)
- Los Belones View all rentals (30)
- San Javier View all rentals (223)
- San Pedro del Pinatar View all rentals (25)
Rentals Near Region of Murcia Attractions
Featured Region of Murcia Properties
1 / 21
4 BR / 4 BA / Sleeps 7
- 7 night min
1 / 19
Los Urrutias house
2 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 6
Los Urrutias house
- Min stay varies
About Region of Murcia
For a cosmopolitan city with a small-town feel, look no further than the popular city of Murcia, located in the southeastern part of Spain. The beautiful baroque churches, wide range of festivals throughout the year, and friendly locals mean that there are plenty of both historical and cultural appeals to this city.
Buy clothes from some of the best Spanish designers on Traperia Street and Plateria Street, or eat at one of the many charming restaurants along Calle de los Apostoles.
Be sure to check out these other popular attractions in Murcia as well:
- Salzillo Museum: Head to the museum featuring the polychromed wood bodies of religious figures that have been created by this beloved Spanish sculptor.
- La Fuensanta Sanctuary: Head five kilometers out of the city to this sanctuary nestled in the mountains for beautiful sunset views of Murcia and the valley.
- Moorish Castle: Located at the top of the Monteagudo mountain, Murcia's iconic landmark can be seen from anywhere in the city.
- Sierra Espuna: Plenty of pine forests and nature trails await you at this local campground.
- Go to the Beach: There are many beautiful beaches in Murcia. La Manga and Mazarron are two of the most popular ones during the warmer months.
- Palacio del Almudi: Learn more about Murcia's history and heritage at this several hundred-year-old palace.
In addition to the live music and discussion panels held throughout the week, Murcia also has a number of events and festivals that are among the biggest in Spain. Enjoy the parades and pageants held throughout the city in September during the annual citywide celebration known as Feria de Murcia, watch riderless horses race through the town of Caravaca de la Cruz during the Holy Cross Festival in May, or witness the battle re-enactments and historical processions that honor the rich history of Murcia during the Carthaginians and Romans Festival in September.
Whether you want to stay near the mountains that overlook the majestic skyline of Murcia, or right next to the beach and all the main attractions of the city, there's a vacation rental available that is perfect for you. Choose from luxury apartments with top-of-the line amenities, spacious villas with ample room for multiple guests, and cozy condos with all the creature comforts of home.
With all the sights that Murcia has to offer, the prospect of reaching them all can be overwhelming for some travelers. Luckily, exploring the area is easy as the city has an extensive system of bus and tram services that go everywhere in the city, as well as into the surrounding towns and villages in the suburbs. There are also several nearby cities in the area that make for great day trips. Visit the cobblestone streets and historical attractions of Cartagena, just 30 minutes away by car, or take a two-hour drive to the big city metropolis of Valencia.